Orange OR15 or Rockerverb?

• Thread starter Kyle-Vick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle-Vick

Also likes Jeeps and Motocross.
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with these? I have an OR15 and love it, so I am thinking of selling it to upgrade to a Rockerverb. Anyone know if it is worth it? I like the sound of the British cleans with some light breakup, so I think it would be nice to have a dedicated clean channel I do not have to touch when I want to switch over to high gain stuff. I have a 5153 that does the crunch thing really well and a Dual Rec.

So am I missing out on anything here? Should I sell the OR to fund a Rockerverb to round out my amp collection, or just stick with the OR15? I do not have the opportunity to try one out for myself.

Any input is appreciated.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I would go try a rockerverb and then decide. There’s got to be a big music store near you where you can try one out right?

Bearitone

Reaction score
I would go try a rockerverb and then decide. There’s got to be a big music store near you where you can try one out right?

And does the OR15 have an effects loop? Because if it does the. You can use a cabling method along with a clean preamp like a Le Lead or AMT F1 to give you a dedicated clean channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not an OR50 if you like the 15?

Kyle-Vick

Reaction score
From my understanding they are voiced differently. From what I have read, the OR15 sounds like the dirty channel on a Rockerverb.

Ogami-Z

Reaction score
From my understanding they are voiced differently. From what I have read, the OR15 sounds like the dirty channel on a Rockerverb.

I have an OR15, it’s a great wee amp & very versatile for a single channel amp. But it’s not based on the dirt channel of a rockerverb, that would be the Jim Root Terror. The OR15 is built using the same parts as the JRT & is pretty high gain but it’s more vintage voiced with a bit more sag, not as tight as the JRT or a rockerverb.

I also have an EVH5150 50 watt thats also a fantastic amp but the OR15 suits my more doom/sludge musical tastes lately & my poor EVH hasn’t seen a lot of use. But it’s good to fall back on for when i feel like playing thrash or prog metal.

If I wanted to uprade from the or15 I’d be looking at a used or100, maybe an or50 (more vintage voiced & no fx loop). If you want a more modern sound then the rockerverb or even a dual dark.

RadDadTV

Reaction score
I think if you need a lot more gain, grab the rockerverb. The OR50 in any other situation though.

Kyle-Vick

Reaction score
I think I have my gain needs covered, probably just stick with the OR15 for now. I do LOVE this amp. Thank you for all of the input guys!