ORIGINAL "real onemanband" Jazz/Djent/Fusion/Mathrock SECOND FREE EP

clems6belio

Djentlemens :)
Reaction score
I posted a teaser a few days ago, now my second solo EP is out.
With guests from the Algorythm and Kadinja (ex-Perspectives)

Click here : Clément Belio - HEÏA /// FULL EP STREAMING - YouTube

What you can hear here is me, playing all the instruments, from drums (with my e-kit as I'm firstly drummer),
to guitar, bass, saxophone, piano, melodica and a lot of various strange instruments.

The 1rst track is just a intro, the second a long sweet smooth contemporary jazz one, with complex shapes and harmonies,
the 3rd and last one tends to be the most "metal" songs of the EP.
Blending jazz harmonies and chords with djent brutality and mathrock kinda grooves, fusion style guitar solos... etc

Tell me if you liked it.

All the links to buy or download it (for free) are in the video description :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clems6belio

Reaction score
(and I say "REAL onemanband" no to be pretentious or snooty, but just because I ACTUALLY play all the parts (except guests' ones), and not just program drums with my mouse etc...)

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Have you ever heard of a band called "Morphine" Clement?

Etiquette [part 1] reminds me of them [that is a very very good thing btw]

Well, off to your BandCamp page to download/donate. Thanks for the awesome tunes. And artwork.
Still enjoying "Over 9000 Riffs" too :)

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
This is great stuff dude,

My only 'criticism', which is really a personal taste thing, so not a criticism at all really. But every time I read about metal stuff that utilises weird instruments, I'm desperate to hear them combined with the heavy guitars, or have traditional sounding flute pieces with heavy drums underneath. Just something that mixes things up a little.

So whilst I think this stuff of yours is great, personally I would have liked to hear some of the weird instruments deployed in contexts that they are not at home in.

Thumbs up though, i just have weird taste maybe!

MABGuitar

What's a guitar?
Reaction score
Holy shit, that build up at around 10 minutes made me hold my chair to make sure I don't get sent on the floor! Awesome work, reminds me a bit of Steven Wilson production wise but the music is something totally different... Did I mention this is awesome?

clems6belio

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys, glad you liked it.

And yeah, every criticism is always appreciated. So, thanks for that too.

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
This is great stuff dude,

My only 'criticism', which is really a personal taste thing, so not a criticism at all really. But every time I read about metal stuff that utilises weird instruments, I'm desperate to hear them combined with the heavy guitars, or have traditional sounding flute pieces with heavy drums underneath. Just something that mixes things up a little.

So whilst I think this stuff of yours is great, personally I would have liked to hear some of the weird instruments deployed in contexts that they are not at home in.

Thumbs up though, i just have weird taste maybe!

Have you heard of Ever Forthright? Their singer plays a sax over some parts, as well as playing a couple of solos, and they're a very good band to boot.

ben_hurt

Reaction score
That chill vibe you got rocking during "essence" is baller. nice work!