OWANE (for fans of CHON, David Maxim Micic, Jakub Zytecki)

• Thread starter infernalreaper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shpence

Reaction score
He has great phrasing, much like Zytecki. Good find.

Simic

Reaction score
Stumbled across this guy yesterday while watching Widek's Parallax (where he has a guest solo). Killer player :D

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Plini mentioned him in a tweet the other day and I'm hooked! This guy is freakin' awesome. Can't wait to buy his music.

rapterr15

Reaction score
This guy is incredible! Love it when someone flies onto my radar seemingly from out of nowhere. I'll be keen on the lookout for his first EP.

Dalcan

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing. Been playing his video on repeat all day.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
So I think after finding this dude, that his solo in Widek's Parallax might just be my favorite solo ever! So I took the time to try to learn it by ear and tab it all out. Anyone with a better ear than I wanna check it out and see how correct it is? I know some parts the rhythms aren't 100% but I'm more concerned about the notes being right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xga03ylkxzwrlzp/Widek - Parallax Owane Solo.gp5?dl=0

Rizzo

Reaction score
I discovered him casually too and not long ago as well. At first I thought he was Zytecki in disguise, then I realised it's actually a different person :lol:
Awesome musician.

turbo_4i4ka

Reaction score
Zytecki's brother? :D Awesome find, man, the world needs more musicians like that.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been itching for this over the past few weeks. Can't wait to get home and download it.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
It's so great!! I wish it was longer cause I listened to all of his youtube videos so ridiculously often that the re-recorded stuff feels old to me :lol:

I was also a little bummed about a couple subtle changes to the pre-existing songs that I thought were really cool and I thought the EP kind of ended a bit abruptly. Overall though, it's such a well done collection of songs that I can't not love it. It's so cool to hear "2015 Riffs" finished too, the way he brings the main theme of that song back near the end is magical.

rapterr15

Reaction score
Listening for the first time and loving it which I expected after playing the hell out of those youtube vids of his. He's become one of my favorite players in a short time. Great mix as well by Alex Argento. I'm half joking but I wish Alex Ar would stop mixing other people's albums and get together with Marco Sfogli to put out a follow up to Ego. One of my favorite records of all time.

I think a Owane and Jakub Zytecki full album collaboration needs to happen. Cmon boys.