Paintball players up in here?

• Thread starter ManuelB
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Are any Paintball gunners in here?!
I for myself play Paintball in my freetime and this sport now grows and grows a lot here in germany.

Where do you play, in which position... or do you even do it professionally?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I play. Have a Spyder MR-1 that has taken a shit on me. Planning on getting an A-5 when I get some extra cash.

I play in the woods mostly. I never really played a specific position, but I don't think woodsball has positions, probably more of a speedball thing. I don'y play professionally or anything, just play with friends.

Tomo009

Reaction score
I've only played a couple of times, the rules are EXTREMELY strict in Aus, can't play in this state until 18 and to own your own gun has the same laws as a handgun. I want to keep it up and will probably start to get some gear soon, I like speedball and woodsball pretty much the same really. Both are great for different reasons.

Jontain

Reaction score
Ex Player, used to play tournement ball as a front runner in a local team, was good fun but kind of got out of it after everyone went to uni and it became impossible to organise.

Started with a Tippmann 98 for woodsball
Then got an Ion when i started playing matches and upgraded to the invert mini.

Fun game, kept my kit except for marker and tank (for obvious reasons) may have to go back to it when I have a bit more spare cash.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Having some painters in here is pretty nice.
I play a Macdev Cyborg with a Dye Rotor... Pretty fast and runs like hell.
Restrictions are very hard here in Germany, too. You aren't allowed to play and own a marker under the age of 18 here.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
I play quite a few scenario games, rules are pretty slack here (just no .43cal markers)
I'm running an extremely modified BT-4, with a Ninja grey ghost on a remote line, and a Tiberius T8.1 for a sidearm :agreed:
Gratuitous pics anyone? (sorry, none of the Tiberius)
DSCF7269.jpg

DSCF7268.jpg

DSCF7265.jpg

DSCF7258.jpg

Here's the list of mods:
Tech T zero kick hammer
Rufus Dawg bolt/powertube
Rip clip w/ X7 hopper
TM-15 Stock
E-trigger w/rampage board
Red dot
Tiberius scope
Tac light and laser sight
18" rifled barrel (Rap4)
Folding foregrip (Rap4)
Bipod (Rap4)
Mock silencer (Rap4)
Rap 4 Sidewinder scope mount
Rap 4 handguard
BT M16 Mag/storage compartment

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Whooow nice thing!
I'm not that into scenario but the speedball and tournament guy... but seeing your badass marker makes me think about playing a scenario game one day!

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I play. I mainly play pump now a days. More fun and way cheaper. :D

Im currently using a Azodin Kaos pump. :agreed:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I play with my college club. Currently have a Tippman A5 customized to full auto and a Model 98 I use for woodsball. I am trying to get into it more, but since I also play Airsoft I am trying to balance my budget between the two.

Strobe

Reaction score
I have not played in a few years, but I still have my old Tipman 68 carbine. I modified it to run Nitrogen (works much better when playing outside in cold weather) and swapped out the barrel for a rifled barrel. Still, paintball is fun as hell. :yesway:

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I love paintball, but it's not popular here. Very few spots to play and no friends. I have a SP Ion and never fired a single shot (ebay crazy deal) :(

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me I'm not the only one who used to run Speedball/Hyperball? If so, SSO I am disappoint :(

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
DSCN0456.jpg

Old school 2k2 Dark angel modded with a predator 5 board. Been a while since i've been on a field, but I played tournament speedball/xball for about 8 years...quit in 2007.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Brian, I am so jelly. Before I got out of the game, I wanted a SmartParts Shocker and Impulse (back when they looked like the black mailbox)

Is that a Freak Kit on the barrel?

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Brian, I am so jelly. Before I got out of the game, I wanted a SmartParts Shocker and Impulse (back when they looked like the black mailbox)

Is that a Freak Kit on the barrel?

It's the old school Evil kit with the 16 inch "ultra" tip. It was loud as hell but it cleared in 2 shots every time if the ball ever broke in the gun. I liked the longer barrel because you could push the bunkers with it. I havent' aired it up in years...

I had one of the old school shoeboxes back in the day, they ruled.

My fave gun was a Team Strange Impulse in a red to black fade I picked up when they released them. I think i chopped 10 balls in about 40 cases of paint with that thing and didn't bother with a backup during one of my tournament seasons... before i quit i had gone thru about 40 markers....i really missed the days of Autocockers and automags before everything turned into a machine gun. I'm actually trying to put a slide frame cocker together to maybe head out and just play a bit of rec ball for fun. I'll look pretty outdated in my gear. :p

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't checked in on the teams I used to love. Last I saw Dynasty had just gotten their own Shockers made, and then Oli Lang jumped ship over to Bob Long's Ironmen.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
I've got some old school gear (that I :wub: )

Different barrel, but this is very similar to my old Micromag:

img_1203_bildgrendern.jpg

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got some old school gear (that I :wub: )

Different barrel, but this is very similar to my old Micromag:

img_1203_bildgrendern.jpg

NICE. My buddy has one of the old school phase one micros. Love em.

I miss playing, but i'm old and rickety now.