Painted in Exile (New York Tech/Prog/Melo/Math/Awesome)

• Thread starter SerratedSkies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
What the fuck happened to this band!?
I still listen to them, and need more. Someone find Marc!
/necro

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
They posted the other day on facebook that they have awesome Official news

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Ah! Thank god there's something!
I have no Facebook so this was lost on me

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Holy shit...
This day already rules.
I expect to see this thread updated later brutalwizard...

you have saved us all

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score

**NEW OFFICIAL UPDATE**: Our guitarist, Marc, just booked his flight to Florida next week, where he and our new guitarist, Ivan, will be recording guitars & bass for a NEW SINGLE! Ivan will also be handling the engineering, mixing, and mastering duties for the song, which will be released this fall. Eddie's drums are finished and Alan started recording Keyboards yesterday! We'll be keeping you updated with pictures and videos in the upcoming weeks, so keep an eye out and help us spread the word! We are moving towards sharing the music we have worked so hard on despite our unfulfilled lineup. We hope you're all as excited as we are... And don't worry - as always, it's a short one

The ProfEscher

This is infamy.
Reaction score
Aren't they from New York? Why the fuck are they flying to Florida to record one song? Especially if the new guitarist apparently has engineering, mixing, and mastering skills.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Aren't they from New York? Why the fuck are they flying to Florida to record one song? Especially if the new guitarist apparently has engineering, mixing, and mastering skills.

It could be possible that the new guitarist is located in Florida, where the new guitarist also has a studio to record in.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Fuck yes. I was just wondering what was ever going to happen to these guys. So glad they are continuing to get some music out there. EP showed such amazing potential for these guys. Those 3 songs have got a lot of playtime in my iPod.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Fuck yes. I was just wondering what was ever going to happen to these guys. So glad they are continuing to get some music out there. EP showed such amazing potential for these guys. Those 3 songs have got a lot of playtime in my iPod.

Glad I'm not the only one!

richcastle66

Prog is Life
Reaction score
Can't wait for them to get back into the swing of things to join the Ever Forthright boys in epic NY shows.

this, i love seeing this band, one of the best things live ever. i have so much fun and the guys are all so cool. its weird considering i went to high school with their drummer and didnt even know at the time. their EP release was out of control on LI.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Hey, guys! I PROMISE THAT WE ARE STILL ALIVE! (never went anywhere, in fact)

In August, I spent 12 days in Florida recording our new single (and by "single", I mean 10+ minutes :fever:) with our guitarist, Ivan, and we've been hard at work finishing it up ever since! We're still searching for the right bassist though, so please help us spread the word and send anyone you know who might be interested our way! Also, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers regarding our original bassist, Zach. It meant a lot for us to see that so many of you were sensitive to our situation, despite the long list of discouraging news that we had to report in the months beforehand.

We're hoping to be able to release this single sometime within the next few months and we absolutely cannot wait for you all to finally be able to hear it, so I will certainly be keeping you posted on our progress.

I can assure you that we are in this for the long run, as this is how we've dreamt of making our living for quite some time, so now matter what other roadblocks may get in our way (we obviously haven't had the smoothest ride over the last couple of years), the goals and aspirations of this band will NOT be given up and we will continue to make music and eventually start touring so we can bring it to/hang with all of you in-person!

After all....what the fuck else are we supposed to do with MUSIC DEGREES these days anyway? haha! :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your continued support and patience, and for sticking with us over the past couple of years. We're doing everything we can to make sure that this is well-worth the wait!

Rich - Thanks so much for the support and the kind words, dude (as always). We're very close with the dudes in Ever Forthright, so that's exactly what we plan to do!

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that I'm looking to teach Private lessons FULL-TIME, especially this upcoming Thanksgiving week since my Supermarket is now under water thanks to Hurricane Sandy (what more of a sign that I need to leave that place do I need? haha).

I usually do a 1-Hour Skype lesson for $40, and we can work at all levels or in any styles from Jazz to Metal. We can even work on Painted In Exile material if you so desire! I'm currently completing my Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance at The Conservatory of Music at SUNY Purchase College in NY, where I'm fortunate enough to study directly with such masters as John Abercrombie, John Riley, and Hal Galper.

If you're interested in a different lesson length/price, feel free to contact me at marclambert.pie@gmail.com.

Here are a few recent videos that I've done (not to say "look what I can do", but more like "hopefully there's something that I have to offer you or your musicianship, and I'd love to help you avoid some of the same mistakes that I've made over the years").

Please excuse my no0bishness...for some reason, I'm not suppose to figure out how to embed YouTube videos into a forum post...

Born Of Osiris - "Follow The Signs" (Solo Cover by Marc Lambert of Painted In Exile) - YouTube

Marc Lambert & Kevin Theodore - "Isn't She Lovely" (Stevie Wonder) Live - YouTube

Fit For An Autopsy - The Locust (Feat. Marc Lambert) - YouTube

Licea Guitars-NY Guitar Expo 2012 - YouTube
^ I'm playing at 7:04 in this one

Marc Lambert of Painted in Exile - YouTube
^ With this one, we can work on how to play wrong notes the first time you play over something lol (just kidding, there ARE NO wrong notes....but that's something that we can talk about in the lessons!)

And for all of the Facebookers (hope this works) - MARC-INATION FOR MARC | Facebook

Anyway, if you're interested or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly at marclambert.pie@gmail.com. Serious inquiries only please!

Thank you all again for your continued support/patience, and for sticking with us over all of these years. Words can't express how much it means to us and how excited we are for you all to finally be able to hear what we've been working on!

Looking forward to hopefully getting to work together!

- Marc

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
yes, I love this band.
Good to hear from you Marc and I can't wait for some new shit