Paul Wardingham Appreciation

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
That's probably my favourite song on the album. I love the melody that starts at 1:09. :bowdown:

But like any of us mere mortals will be able to play his stuff! :lol:

Regarding tuning, Someone asked on the Ghost In The Machine video if it was in Drop A and Paul said yes.

Ghost in the Machine tab + Backing track available from October 1st according to his last post on Facebook.

Yes!

Goredoh

Reaction score
Great that an Aussie is getting out there like this.

He took a while to grow on me, I thought the solo's were a little sterile but the production is great and he has a great tone and some sweet riffs. I get a kind of moderized FF feel at times with some loomis loving.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I bought the Spiritual Machines album 2 months ago. I've been listening to it like crazy. He's taken a more melodic, atmospheric and groove oriented approach to this latest album and it shows. I hope he continues in this direction. The albums grows on you like crazy. I hope Paul gets more recognition in 2018 for his great playing and compositions.

Oh, and being the nice guy that he is, Paul posted the whole friggin album on youtube :) I bought it and all the tabs anyways to show support. His stuff is super fun/challenging to play.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Paul's new album is on Youtube!

"Inspired by his favourite sci-fi movies from the 80s and 90s, Wardingham pushes the boundaries of his pioneering instrumental style even further with Electromancer. Featuring a more retro-futuristic, synthwave influenced, electro-metal sound than on previous albums."

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I bought Electromancer at the day of its release, but I've only listened to it 2 times. I'm simply not drawn to it, but that could change after more listening.

In contrast, I listen to Human Affliction and Spiritual Machines every week (a bit less to Assimilate Regenerate).

I still can't believe he doesn't get more recognition while other players that are, for my taste, less melodic and with way less original/inspiring compositions have legions of fans.