PDP Official

gregzilla

Reaction score
photo.php
This thread is for anyone with any questions about PDP , the album " Mass Delusion " 8 9 and 10 string guitars and rigs , Musicians Institute , touring , or anything related to our band https://www.facebook.com/pdpmusic PDP ::Official Website::
imgres

artist_44957

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gregzilla

Reaction score
We used the Schecter Blackjack ATX 8 string with Duncan Blackouts for most songs, my 9 string Agile , an 8 string Agile, and Lance Alonzo custom ML style guitars with Bill Lawrence Pickups and Gotoh trems for Pile Driven and Weight of the World and a couple of solos. Amplification was Line 6 Pod X3 pro with two different cabs and 2 57's on axis and two DI amp sim tones blended. We did the whole record with the exception of drums ( tracked in Hollywood @ Ultimate Rhythm Studio ) on my PC from 2002 with Sonar 7 Producer edition and an M-Audio Firewire solo interface.

flyboy463

Community Retard
Reaction score
Saw you and Dane at Mayhem last year with my ginger friend Albert. Remember us? Machine Head came on and about destroyed the place with how loud they were. You guys were just like "Fuck this, gonna take a break." Good times.

quattro19tdi

Subcontrainfrasound
Reaction score
Just found your band on youtube, and had to buy the digital Mass Delusion album! Awesome! :hbang: Do you use both 8, 9 and 10 string guitars? What are the different tunings for those?

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Do you use both 8, 9 and 10 string guitars? What are the different tunings for those?
Came in to ask the exact same question.

Edit: and also, maybe I've just missed it thus far (isn't in your bio at least) what does PDP stand for?

gregzilla

Reaction score
Thanks for picking up the album! Yeah , we use 8 and 9 strings and my custom 10 is getting built right now. 8 string is standard on the album ( low F# ) and 9 string is down to low C# ( sometimes drop B ) so its basically a 5 string bass and guitar combined. The 10 is multi-scale and it's high A to low C# . Didn't write any tunes on Mass Delusion with the 9 but use it live and play some parts an octave down. The new record features the 9 string quite a bit and it'll be out in Feb 2013.