Peavey 6505+ combo vs. head

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
All I know about the 2x12 combo is that a local band uses one and it's either not as good as the head by a longshot or their guitarist is just garbage at EQing because that thing was all bass and no gain, mids, or treble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
All I know about the 2x12 combo is that a local band uses one and it's either not as good as the head by a longshot or their guitarist is just garbage at EQing because that thing was all bass and no gain, mids, or treble.

If he doesn't have any gain on the 2x12 combo, he's beyond garbage at EQing. There aren't words for describing how bad someone would have to be to not have any gain on a 6505 2x12. Mids and treble aren't hard to dial in on that amp, either.

The 2x12 sounds killer. It's just heavier than three pregnant whales. I will never own that combo for that reason alone. It's unreasonable.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
If he doesn't have any gain on the 2x12 combo, he's beyond garbage at EQing. There aren't words for describing how bad someone would have to be to not have any gain on a 6505 2x12. Mids and treble aren't hard to dial in on that amp, either.

The 2x12 sounds killer. It's just heavier than three pregnant whales. I will never own that combo for that reason alone. It's unreasonable.
:lol:

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score

That's what I figured. My solid state Kustom head sounded tons better and cut better. And my other guitarist runs a Peavey Valveking which did the same. When we watched them play we just stared in horror at how bad it sounded.

goodtimes

Reaction score
if moneys the issue you could get the 112 and do a head conversion. its not as good as the head but for half the price its pretty damn good for anything highgain. if moneys not an issue the 5150III mini head looks pretty sweet. haven't played one yet but it seems pretty cool.
i've got a 112 and i love the shit out of it, even it weighs a ton