Peavey 6505+ with Orange + Vader 2x12s

jstarkey

Reaction score
I've had my Peavey 6505+ running through an orange cab for a while now and I absolutely love it. In my last band my orange 2x12 held its own against our other guitarists 4x12 with ease.

I had to leave that band when I went to college, and in my current band I am the only guitarist. I've been thinking about buying another 2x12 to put on the other side of the stage when we play in order to have a bigger sound.

I could always just save up for another orange, but I was wondering what some of you guys thought about mixing a vader into the scenario. (vader stage right, orange stage left).

Am I an idiot for thinking that would make an insane/unique/gigantic sound?

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
It should sound pretty killer.

I personally would get another orange cab and replace the speakers for a different flavour. But thats me and Im big on symmetry.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
It's difficult to compensate for the tonal and volume differences between the Legends and the V30s IMO. Those two require VERY different EQ, presence, and resonance settings.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
i think it would sound cool for sure, the supreme clarity of the Vader mixed with the warm, dense sound of the Orange/V30s. however, since the Orange is 16ohm you would have to rewire it for 8ohm(i think this would require changing out the speakers for 8ohm V30's? not sure) since the Vader is 8ohm to run them together. or i guess maybe you could see if you could get ur Vader with 16ohm speakers, but im not sure if they are available in 16ohm.