Peavey Invective Megathread Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

• Thread starter Takk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Just confirmed with multiple sources this amp doesn't exist
I just got off the phone with guitar center, they told me they are expecting to have them in on August 14th. Hoping that doesn't change, been without an tube amp for a good bit at this point.

Nolly took the amp with him... :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
too soon?

3c448b9ba7ce4f7311644ef6067a8c6df64d0377f806afe711098ee0823e33ed.jpg

And here I was gonna try and photoshop Nolly in place of the WV Governor during his and Trump's speech tonight... lol

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
They damn well better, I'm supposed to be going to the Rockville guitar center to show the amp on the 12th haha

Whaaaaat?? I'm all the way in Phoenix but am so excited for this amp, I may need to fly out there. Lol

mookcore

Reaction score
They damn well better, I'm supposed to be going to the Rockville guitar center to show the amp on the 12th haha
I ordered mine thru that gc . If it's there for the clinic can you sign it?

sevenfoxes

Reaction score
Misha, a big time congrats to you on your signature amp!

I've read that the Invective is voiced after the 6505. Just how voiced after the 6505 is it? How would you personally describe the comparisons between these two amps , and how does it perform at bedroom levels? I am also curious about the hiss/noise that the 6505 naturally has. Is this amp any quieter (minus the built in gate)? Thanks!

Last edited:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Those questions have probably been answered as good as they will be answered until the amp is in the hands of people.

He spends the first few minutes answering your first question. Start at 1:20

I can't remember where but the bedroom question has been answered, apparently it does bedroom levels well. This next video seems to back that up. Pay attention to the string noise and the clicking of the switches, the amp sounds loud but when you consider those sounds it can't be, it just sounds huge at those low volumes giving the impression that it is very loud. I'm still not convinced it is quiet enough for any and every bedroom but I think I could get away with it.

As for the last question, on channel 2/3 I doubt it. I think the answer to the first question most likely answers that. If anything I'd expect it has the potential to be worse. Not that it matters, the amp will no doubt have a very high quality gate. His gate has always been an important part of his chain and he can use any gate he wants, I doubt he would want an inferior gate fitted to his amp, he wouldn't use it if it wasn't comparable to his current gate. On channel 1 I suspect noise isn't an issue based on what has been said.

This post is just what I suspect based on the videos we have all watched and the comments I have seen here and other places.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
El Caco, I think that's probably correct on all points. I know he mentions that it sounds great at bedroom levels and gives a little example in that top video from NAMM you linked. I'm not sure what time in the video, but it's definitely in there. Also, Misha stated he lives in an apartment, and I'm guessing that bottom video is taken in that apartment. Like you, I'm betting he's playing pretty quietly in that demo.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
Man Saturday in Rockville can't come soon enough!

I'm curious if this actually happens and/or if Peavey actually has units available/shipping at that time.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
The one he's demoing may be spoken for ...

Haha. Maybe but that doesn't affect me...I'm on the west coast. I certainly hope it goes well and that someone records some good video. I'm a little tired of watching the same three videos over and over on YT. :D

mookcore

Reaction score
Haha. Maybe but that doesn't affect me...I'm on the west coast. I certainly hope it goes well and that someone records some good video. I'm a little tired of watching the same three videos over and over on YT. :D
I know that they've sent some to the stores ahead of time . The ones that are demoing it I believe . But they're shipping the 14th

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
Couple short videos up on Peavey's FB.

mookcore

Reaction score
It sound so sick . I'm going to pick it up later tonight! Thanks misha for being really cool and showing me slot of the features

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
What I am still not clear on is whether its really made in the USA. On the back of the amp it says "designed and engineered In the USA". From what I understand peavey closed its USA amp making facility. Unless this is being made wherever the buddas are being made but usually when peavey makes something in the states it aint leaving the factory without at least one American flag on it and loud and proud "made in usa" on the back. Not that I even care if it was made in china. I just think people should be able to know either way.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
What I am still not clear on is whether its really made in the USA. On the back of the amp it says "designed and engineered In the USA". From what I understand peavey closed its USA amp making facility. Unless this is being made wherever the buddas are being made but usually when peavey makes something in the states it aint leaving the factory without at least one American flag on it and loud and proud "made in usa" on the back. Not that I even care if it was made in china. I just think people should be able to know either way.

It's been confirmed a few times now as made in the USA.