Pedal Mods

• Thread starter LordOVchaoS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Guys, I've been practicing a lot and I have learned a LOT of mods! So far everybody has been happy with my work. I don't have a valid business just yet, I need to raise a little more money and get a little more practice to get things started and as soon as I have the coin and the skills I'm making a business out of it. Most of my mods are originals, I don't copy Keeley, Analog Man, etc... Some of my mods are from the book that Indy Guitarist sells but I took them and changed them up a bit so I can say I offer something original. I spent extra time tweaking my OD mods for 7-strings and downtuned guitars so I think this site will definitely be happy with what I do. I can do a lot of pedals too! This is the beginning of my journey to become a custom handmade stompbox and, eventually, amp builder. PM me what you've got and what you'd like to change about it and I'll see what I can do! I have a lot of parts here but turnaround time may be longer if I have to order parts. Most of the time I'll have your pedal back in the mail in a day or 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Got any sound clips of the work you've done?

Unfortunately no but I can make some. Any particular pedal you'd like to hear? The only things I have here right now are an Ibanez TS7 and a Maxon OD808 but I can get a hold of others.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
I have a Super Overdirve I was considering getting Keeley modded. What would you charge, and what aspects do you work on changing/improving?

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
do you know if there is a true bypass mod for the whammy WH-4?

Any pedal can be made true bypass if you build a DIY bypass box.

If you're confident in your soldering skills I'd be happy to give you the info to do this yourself or I can do it for you no problem.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
well i have done plenty of guitar mods and pup installations, i just dont know and pedal schematics

This one's easy, it's not even a schematic it's all laid out for you:

224461d875b0dcbe.jpg

The little 9 prong thingie is a 3 pole dual throw switch if you type in 3pdt in google you'll find them all over the place. The resistor can be found at radio shack for pennies and the rest is wire and 1/4" jacks that can be found at radio shack as well. They also sell small project boxes to put all of this in.

Hook it up with your pedal out to effects return, pedal in to effects send, guitar into bypass box in, bypass box out to amp

tb-exp7.jpg

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks do you know how to add a 9V adapter into that?

the battery in that diagram only runs the LED light, and doesn't have anything to do with the actual signal. it's just an indicator for whether or not the pedal is activated or not. it will take it a LONG time to burn out.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
i have an ibanez ts5, would you be able to mod that into something thats good?

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
I have a BBE sonic Stomp, I'm wondering if it would be possible to use the existing casing (since it's rock solid) and just have the guts replaced with an overdrive pedal circuit. The tone of it just isn't for me anymore, but I do have use for an OD pedal. Let me know if you have any existing circuits lying around or if you could build one to go inside. I'm after something along the lines of an 808 but with an eq more flattering to 7 stringed (and tuned even down to F) guitars, more along the lines of a bass overdrive in essence.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have a BBE sonic Stomp, I'm wondering if it would be possible to use the existing casing (since it's rock solid) and just have the guts replaced with an overdrive pedal circuit. The tone of it just isn't for me anymore, but I do have use for an OD pedal. Let me know if you have any existing circuits lying around or if you could build one to go inside. I'm after something along the lines of an 808 but with an eq more flattering to 7 stringed (and tuned even down to F) guitars, more along the lines of a bass overdrive in essence.

I'm working on my first pedal build from scratch right now which just happens to be an 808 clone that I'm custom tailoring for low tunings :D I should be done soon and if it turns out well I could most certainly put one in that case for you. I'm waiting on some parts to come from China right now but once they get here I should have my pedal done in no time. I'll let you know! Shoot me a PM so I don't forget. I've got a lot on my mind these days!

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
so what are all the mods that can be done to the boss DS-1?

There's a shit ton of them. I know how to do 8 full mods for them and then there's an ass load of options you can add to the mods. 2 of the mods I know are Keeley's but I ain't steppin' on his toes and doing them for anybody :D