People's Avatars Being Set to Default?

• Thread starter BlackMastodon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's something with my phone, the forum's coding, or people just switching their avatars to the default one of a coloured background and the first letter of their user name, but is anyone else noticing this more and more for accounts on here? Are people just saying "fuck it, default picture" or am I just noticing because I mostly know users by their avatar?

tedtan

Reaction score
I’ve only seen that with some new members, I haven’t noticed a change with existing members except for the occasional avatar update.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've also noticed it on new accounts, which I would expect, but I also noticed it with @Alsvartr and @odibrom.

I'm calling y'all out! Did you change/remove your avatars or am I just losing it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.webp

Reaction score
The 2 long-standing members that I noticed and remembered off the top of my head without having to go down a rabbit hole like this:
charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif
Well, you can rest now... personally, I don't give much importance to the avatar, so... I'll probably change it sooner or later, at this moment I'm enjoying surfing blank....

I wonder, however, what made you jump to the idea that this was a forum bug of some sort and not a user defined action in the first place...?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you can rest now... personally, I don't give much importance to the avatar, so... I'll probably change it sooner or later, at this moment I'm enjoying surfing blank....

I wonder, however, what made you jump to the idea that this was a forum bug of some sort and not a user defined action in the first place...?
See previous gif.

But actually it just caught my attention that it was more than one that I noticed in a short period of time. I know normally that "2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern" but figured I'd ask.

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
Newish member here. I thought about using the default picture, deadass, B.
If I start now I'm just riding the wave.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't that like, the umpteenth time, how has Alex not told you to sit in the corner and stick with whatever flavor of the minute name you've come up with?

Latest posts