Periphery - "Icarus Lives!" with Casey's vocals posted!

Omnitopia

Banned
Reaction score
It took me a few listens to get used to the new Icarus, but It's possibly one of my favorite songs of all time now.

GRAVITY IS JUST A FEEBLE PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

That part absolutely fucking kicks my ass. I always have to rewind.

His screaming voice is identifiably THE scream I wanna be able to do some day - loads of grit, not too death metally, and he can go from intensely high ranged stuff to ass-rapingly low-pitched growls in the matter of seconds.

:bowdown:

Please send Casey a message saying you love his scream.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I made a Djent cd up last night with this on, and listened to it in the car. There was only one thing I could think about the vocals. Damn I hope we get a vocalist near that sort of quality.

Take this to people who've never heard the original and they'll love it. Hell I'd only heard the original once or twice, this will be on constant play for a looooong time.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd come back to comment that this version has grown on me so much that parts of it damn near bring a tear to my eye. Fucking brilliant :hbang: Has the perfect balance of beauty/delicacy and brutalness/insanity.

Nats

Reaction score
the original is so great. the old vocals sound like that song Earth Crisis did with the guy from machine head on guest vocals. One against One i think it's called

Universe74

Reaction score
It took me a few listens to get used to the new Icarus, but It's possibly one of my favorite songs of all time now.

GRAVITY IS JUST A FEEBLE PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

That part absolutely fucking kicks my ass. I always have to rewind.

His screaming voice is identifiably THE scream I wanna be able to do some day - loads of grit, not too death metally, and he can go from intensely high ranged stuff to ass-rapingly low-pitched growls in the matter of seconds.

:bowdown:

You pretty much said it all right there. New version FTW for me. Been listening all day.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
If only the new version had THE line.

You know...

"The Sky keeps callin' mah NAME!!!" :scream:

Espaul

Reaction score
If I understood correctly, then they can't use any of the old lyrics written by... jake is it?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
If I understood correctly, then they can't use any of the old lyrics written by... jake is it?

Correct. The new ones are just as good but they are missing the single greatest lyric of all time. :noplease:

EDIT: Btw Jake. I'm your biggest fan!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
And Warrel Dane and Nevermore kick-arse period. TBH I never liked Warrell Dane in the beggining either, but now I could not hear Nevermore in my head with any other vocals.

+1000
it takes a while to "get him" :hbang: