Periphery - "Icarus Lives!" with Casey's vocals posted!

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
Fuck all, I think Sentient 6 is one of the greatest songs in metal ever, from concept, to lyrics, to musical content... it just is fucking SWELL.

:agreed:

@Metal Ken, yeah the screamer stuf just wasn't my thing. I grew up listening to alt rock so I just could never get into it no matter how hard I tried. There are some exceptions though, like Jens Kidman and that guy from Devil Driver.

Downspell has some cool vocals if you've heard of em. Really insane death metal, I love them.

@Blexican, yeah sorry, I really steered this off course!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
:lol: Yeah Bulb's threads are always loaded with replies.

But at least I'm glad some people see my point :lol:

Kakaka

I am with Jesus!
Reaction score
Listening to it for the second time after a while without listening to the older version now made me like Casey's version a lot.

:yesway: :yesway: :yesway: Triple thumb up for it!

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Is he still living in Boston or has he moved down to where you guys are now?

still in boston....as i recall, he'd signed a lease on a new place up here right before he was asked to join Periphery, so it wasn't really an option to move down to DC yet. i was just over at his place yesterday, it's pretty sweet, can't say i blame him for wanting to stay here :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed:

@Metal Ken, yeah the screamer stuf just wasn't my thing. I grew up listening to alt rock so I just could never get into it no matter how hard I tried. There are some exceptions though, like Jens Kidman and that guy from Devil Driver.

I dont like Devil Driver that much, and Jens was always my least favorite part of meshuggah :lol:

See, i didnt like it at first either. Shit, i only listened to power metal for about a year or 2. Then i edged into thrash and children of bodom (Before HCDR even came out). After THAT, i actually grew to like the style of vocals a lot.

But as far as sentient 6 goes, its the only song i skip on TGE. Psalm of Lydia owns ALL though.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I really prefer the old version. I've been listening to it once or twice a day for the past three weeks and I haven't grown to like the vocals at all. The stuff he did for Juggernaut was way better.

Omnitopia

Banned
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I really prefer the old version. I've been listening to it once or twice a day for the past three weeks and I haven't grown to like the vocals at all. The stuff he did for Juggernaut was way better.

Icarus Lives is part of Juggernaut.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Icarus Lives is part of Juggernaut.

Well I didn't know that. The vocals might flow better then, but as it sits, I think the vocals in this song sounded intentionally weird while the ones in the "new juggies clip" were still perfectly unique and suited the song ten times better.

Crazy German

Reaction score
Hes got a great voice, as a singer i prefer him over the previous one, style wise i think it matches quite well with the quite acoustic parts where he is singing but he should growl more durring the heavier part just to set it off more.

neon_black88

Reaction score
I dont really have any comment on the vocals besides Id like to hear some more aggressive parts, but who am I to complain, you guys are still the most talented un-signed band I've ever heard.

And Warrel Dane and Nevermore kick-arse period. TBH I never liked Warrell Dane in the beggining either, but now I could not hear Nevermore in my head with any other vocals.

Chris Feener

Reaction score
It took me a few listens to get used to the new Icarus, but It's possibly one of my favorite songs of all time now.

GRAVITY IS JUST A FEEBLE PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

That part absolutely fucking kicks my ass. I always have to rewind.

His screaming voice is identifiably THE scream I wanna be able to do some day - loads of grit, not too death metally, and he can go from intensely high ranged stuff to ass-rapingly low-pitched growls in the matter of seconds.

:bowdown:

Latest posts