Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

TheSpaceforthis

Reaction score
Hey man congrats, Ive been listening to periphery 2... holy shit its so fucking great man I think the whole djent scene should suck your cock

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
Everyone's talking about Jake, no one seems to notice Devin Townsend on the lower right corner...

268213_4470734685318_1890560463_n.jpg

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score

someone finally has one up. p cool even though he's a bit pitchy

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I can't believe people are still wanting instrumentals. They have answered that question many times and on different media sites. The people asking for the instrumentals are sure to have seen them answer this if they are asking on whatever social media they're using. Bands aren't jukeboxes!!! Not just Periphery, but all bands. They create and play what they like. It's hard to like every single thing a band does but they don't write for you. If they honestly haven't seen any of band members say "no instrumental versions" then it's ok but I doubt it in most cases.

This.

It pisses me off that Periphery's fans do this. They're being completely entitled assholes and taking advantage of the band's closeness with their fan base. You wouldn't see someone seriously telling Aerosmith for a vocal-free version of one of their songs, would you?

Sikthness

Reaction score
This.

It pisses me off that Periphery's fans do this. They're being completely entitled assholes and taking advantage of the band's closeness with their fan base. You wouldn't see someone seriously telling Aerosmith for a vocal-free version of one of their songs, would you?

i agree it is annoying. However, they have chosen this path of open communication with fans. This means that some 'fans' are going to make stupid suggestions, or ask for things that some may think are unreasonable. Its just the nature of the beast I think. You can't have it both ways. If they want to stay close to the fans, they will unfortunately have to put up w/ some nonsense from time to time.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Hey guyz who want instrumentals i found a way u can make ur own its real ez if your a good enginneer like me all you need to do is get an acapella and phase flip it against the track u can record the acapella urself but it has to sound the same but its easy 2 sing because the vocals are so bad

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Hey guyz who want instrumentals i found a way u can make ur own its real ez if your a good enginneer like me all you need to do is get an acapella and phase flip it against the track u can record the acapella urself but it has to sound the same but its easy 2 sing because the vocals are so bad

Or just ask Misha to make a version which has no reverb and in which all the vocals are totally centered. All of them. Then just remove the center channel and enjoy your vocal/snare/kick/lead guitar free version of porophoro II

hypotc

Reaction score
Or just LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

:)

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of asking for a drumless, guitarless, bassless and vocal-less version so I can really enjoy teh br00tz.

Seriously, Periphery II makes them sound so grown up compared to their debut release it's not even funny anymore (and I REALLY liked their debut album). They sound like a complete entity rather than separate elements combined together. Why anyone would want to lessen the experience the band directly offers you is beyond me.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just got back from summer slaughter and they killed it. They made the night.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be in attendance of Summer Slaughter this year :( the Denver date is on my first day of classes, and I'm there pretty much from 9 in the morning till 9 at night. I suppose I could go and catch (maybe) BTBAM and CC :/

Latest posts