Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

I Voyager

Reaction score
The band was amazing at Summer Slaughter in NYC today. Killer set.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lirtle

Reaction score
I just got back from summers laughter :lol: and periphery killed it. The faceless' set got cut by one song which really sucked but it was still fucking incredible. I was hoping they would play mile zero and have Wes come in for the solo.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Bad fucking day, drinking it away...... but I got a new pair of Turtle Beach X12s and listening to P2 on it. Holy Fuck Erised is amazing on headphones. Thanks Bulb and company for making this song!!!!

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Erised is slowly becoming my favorite of the album! I totally love Spencer's vocals on that song (...and the rest of the album for that matter)!

Been falling asleep to P2 every night since I got it! Easily the best way to go to sleep! :)

Lianoroto

Reaction score
I think its a joke

Sarcasm doesn't really work on the internet, hence why I added the smiley.

As far as I know he is working on some space-opera thingy, but who knows what has happened since last time he visited earth.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
Yargh I wish the Q and A after Mark's playthroughs hadn't gotten edited out. That was fun to watch.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Yargh I wish the Q and A after Mark's playthroughs hadn't gotten edited out. That was fun to watch.

Most stuff that was asked has already been answered online, nothing new. Of course, one guy had to ask if an instrumental version of the album would release :lol:

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
Most stuff that was asked has already been answered online, nothing new. Of course, one guy had to ask if an instrumental version of the album would release :lol:

Ah based on the tiny piece I heard after he played make total destroy made me think it was something more interesting than that.

I'm assuming everyone formed a mob and beat the guy to death when he asked for instrumentals?

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Ah based on the tiny piece I heard after he played make total destroy made me think it was something more interesting than that.

I'm assuming everyone formed a mob and beat the guy to death when he asked for instrumentals?

Unfortunately not, but the playthroughs were great to watch in person, especially when it's a free event :yesway:. I guess i'm the only one that's amazed that Periphery has made it into a Guitar Center! Doing big things :cool:.

Ha, I think I was the only one that noticed that it's become such an annoying question to read about. Based on Mark's facial expression, I could see he was annoyed about it too haha, but he gave a good response for it.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was saying how I wish that Matt would have more videos... Then not a week or two after that, Matt is at the Meinl show doing playthroughs :hbang:

But lo and behold, the beasts on youtube are already getting ahold of the material, and Luke Holland is definitely a really, really good drummer and does Ragnarok TOTAL justice.

I can't wait for Alex Rudinger and Troy Wright to do some material :bowdown:

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
But lo and behold, the beasts on youtube are already getting ahold of the material.....

I can't wait for Alex Rudinger and Troy Wright to do some material :bowdown:
I was driving to work this morning thinking, "What would happen if BandHappy got so big that Matt left Periphery to devote all of his time to the business? Got I hope they'd pick Troy Wright."
Hell, I'd even take a fill-in tour. That would be insane.
Alex is such a precision-oriented drummer, but I don't think he does the "in-the-pocket" gospel style so well...
I consider Troy and Matt to be on the same level in terms of talent... but the key difference is that Troy makes it look like it's not so easy. Matt slays but looks so laid back... like anyone could do it.

tbb529

Reaction score
I was driving to work this morning thinking, "What would happen if BandHappy got so big that Matt left Periphery to devote all of his time to the business? Got I hope they'd pick Troy Wright."

I don't think it'll happen. At least I hope not...as incredible as my recent lesson with Halpern was, it'd be a sad day if he stopped performing to teach full time :noplease:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Newest shirt design:

540399_495991273761848_656613038_n.jpg

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
Hell, I'd even take a fill-in tour. That would be insane.
Alex is such a precision-oriented drummer, but I don't think he does the "in-the-pocket" gospel style so well...
I consider Troy and Matt to be on the same level in terms of talent... but the key difference is that Troy makes it look like it's not so easy. Matt slays but looks so laid back... like anyone could do it.

Yeah, I'd hate to think Matt ever would leave.... But Periphery hasn't had a very sterling attrition rate thus far :lol: Good thing almost every move they've made so far has been a good one!

And I agree, Troy has such a smooth ass delivery compared to Alex, but Mr. Rudinger is absolutely unbelievable - which is not surprising considering his mentor...

The other dude to look up is Anup Sastry, the live drummer of Jeff Loomis/ SkyHarbor/ Intervals/ Drewsif Stalin and the Chimp Spanner U.S. tour.... dude is also fuckin AMAZING - gotta look him up to.. I won't be surprised to see him getting down on some PII playthroughs as well

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
The other dude to look up is Anup Sastry, the live drummer of Jeff Loomis/ SkyHarbor/ Intervals/ Drewsif Stalin and the Chimp Spanner U.S. tour.... dude is also fuckin AMAZING - gotta look him up to.. I won't be surprised to see him getting down on some PII playthroughs as well

Dude, Anup Sastry is insanely good. I'd love to see some PII playthroughs from him. And yes, Matt does make everything look so easy. :scream:

MarkPopkie

Reaction score

Big fan of Anup.