Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Random3

Reaction score
Any idea who chooses what song and how? Like does the song have to have been a single?

Just because I agree it seems very odd that they would pick Price over some of the others on that album.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
So i work at one of the major labels in the industry and do all of the grammy work for the label. So what happens is anyone who is registered with the recording academy can submit any song that came out 10/1/15 to 9/30/16 as long as they pay the fee associated with the submissions. We go through all of the artists managers and marketing product managers and see which songs we want to use (most times its the most popular song for the major general categories and then pick a few specific songs that will fit specific craft categories). Then we submit everything, and then the recording academy goes through the screening process, where committee members delegate and decide what songs should be kicked to what categories and what should stay. Then ballots go out, and voting members vote on what they think should be nominated.

With that being said, we tend to stay away from submitting two songs from the same artist into the same category, (except for all of the general categories i.e record and song of the year) as to not split the vote. So someone from Periphery's camp (I'm assuming) thought that The Price would be the song that would be the most appealing to the metal committee and they nailed it. So stupidly pumped that periphery got the nomination. It makes me super happy that a band as young as periphery (relative to the rest of the guys that got the nomination) got the nomination. Congrats again guys!!

DredFul

Maple fretboard enthusiast
Reaction score
15109416_10154845742284533_700034891287423531_n.jpg

curlyvice

Reaction score
North American dates just announced for 2017. I'll definitely be checking out the Montreal show.

rapterr15

Reaction score
Found out Periphery will be opening for Animals as Leaders in Beijing in February! As if that isn't exciting enough, Nick Johnston will be on the Asia tour with them, which seems like a bit of an odd choice since he's not really a metal player at all, but damn is he an amazing player.

Since Periphery isn't the headliner, how long should i expect them to play? Does an hour seem like a stretch? Is 40 minutes more likely?

bulb

Reaction score
Found out Periphery will be opening for Animals as Leaders in Beijing in February! As if that isn't exciting enough, Nick Johnston will be on the Asia tour with them, which seems like a bit of an odd choice since he's not really a metal player at all, but damn is he an amazing player.

Since Periphery isn't the headliner, how long should i expect them to play? Does an hour seem like a stretch? Is 40 minutes more likely?

Hey dude, I might have to double check with management to be absolutely sure, but I believe we are either headlining or co-headlining, either way the intention is to play the full headlining set! (70 mins or so I think?)

Razerjack

Reaction score

Beijinger here, I believe it will be a co-headlining show, as AAL and Periphery will be on their separate Asian tours in Feb, we're just lucky to have both on the same night!:hbang:

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
woahh i just noticed they're playing Seoul on Feb. 19!

...but its a goddamn Sunday, hopefully i'll be able to attend, ill have to convince by boss to let me show up to work late on monday lol.

cmtd

Reaction score
I watched Misha's live stream about the new Horizon Drive/Gate pedal.

A few interesting comments were made:

One person asked something along the lines of what his favorite amp was to put the pedal with. The reply was something along the lines of, after NAMM (next month), it will be clear what my favorite amp for this is.

Another person asked something regarding the BKP Juggernauts. The reply to this was to keep an eye on Bareknuckle for something coming.

From these comments it seemed pretty obvious that a new amp and/or pickups may be releasing in 2017.

I remember seeing a photo of Misha playing new peavey cabs on tour, but being tight-lipped about the specs on them. I'm just speculating, but possibly ditching the Axe-Fx and we might see a Misha Peavey?

DredFul

Maple fretboard enthusiast
Reaction score
Another person asked something regarding the BKP Juggernauts. The reply to this was to keep an eye on Bareknuckle for something coming.

I think he has hinted before that he would like to have single coil jugs but who knows :D

katsumura78

Reaction score
I watched Misha's live stream about the new Horizon Drive/Gate pedal.

A few interesting comments were made:

One person asked something along the lines of what his favorite amp was to put the pedal with. The reply was something along the lines of, after NAMM (next month), it will be clear what my favorite amp for this is.

From these comments it seemed pretty obvious that a new amp and/or pickups may be releasing in 2017.

I remember seeing a photo of Misha playing new peavey cabs on tour, but being tight-lipped about the specs on them. I'm just speculating, but possibly ditching the Axe-Fx and we might see a Misha Peavey?

If you got the emails from horizon devices Misha had mentioned peavey amps once or twice in them. A Misha Peavey would be interesting if that's what it is. Namm is such a bank account slayer :lol:

cslushy

Reaction score
I don't doubt that a misha peavy is possible but I don't see anyone on Periphery ditching the Axe-Fx with how key it is to their live shows.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
Maybe it'll be a similar deal to Meshuggah using IRL amps now, but with the Axe FX for "other purposes".

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I don't doubt that a misha peavy is possible but I don't see anyone on Periphery ditching the Axe-Fx with how key it is to their live shows.

Man... :lol:

You should have seen their rigs (Tube Amps, Cabs, Pedals) before the AxeFx.

3 Noise-Gates? Misha?

Latest posts