Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BangandBreach

Kaboom.
Reaction score
I'm sure if enough people tweet at Joe we might at least get a response.

You probably wont. Because historically it's never happened.

Joe has discussed many times how people get on the Podcast. People are trying to make a Mike Tyson episode happen right now, and Joe isn't responding.

He's also said on the Podcast that he hates when people twitterbomb him about guests they want on the JRE.

Centrix

Reaction score
Such a shame there's no iberian dates... :(

I know Portugal would be a stretch because the market for metal music here is kinda small, but I'd definitely get on the road to Spain to watch a show. France is just too far away in pricing terms, unfortunately!

Keep up the awesome work, great band! Glad I've been around in this forum or else it would have taken me forever to start listening to Periphery. And, above all, highly inspiring musicians!

AuroraTide

Reaction score
Have they been selling their coffee on tour? Keen to try some, but it's too pricey to ship some to Australia.

bulb

Reaction score
Have they been selling their coffee on tour? Keen to try some, but it's too pricey to ship some to Australia.

Nah we did that as a special thing, and I actually think we are sold out, so I hope everyone who got one enjoyed it!

AuroraTide

Reaction score
Nah we did that as a special thing, and I actually think we are sold out, so I hope everyone who got one enjoyed it!

Ah damn that's too bad... Hope you guys get to check out some sweet cafes/roasters while you're down here!

Black_Sheep

Reaction score

We need more coffee then. Start producing more and bring all you got to the Helsinki show later this year and i'll buy as much as i can carry :lol:

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Where can i watch the Juggerdoc? It's not on youtube and can't find it anywhere else in the interwebs either.

I own the album (twice! actually, cd and LP) and I wouldn't want to buy it AGAIN just to get the version with the DVD :lol:

Mcelhany522

Reaction score
I'm stoked, I just got my tickets for the New Haven CT show. Its even on a Sunday so no days off required haha.

Really hoping to hear Stranger things looks like its been on most set lists so far.

bulb

Reaction score
Is Spencer doing OK? I heard he didn't do the HK show last night so it was a instrumental set instead :(

I am actually one of the few people who hasn't been sick (yet) this tour, unfortunately Spencer is the only one who is affected to the point where he can't use his instrument when he's sick. This no sleep touring schedule isn't helping much either, but luckily we have a day off tomorrow so hopefully Spencer will be able to rest and be able to sing for the Seoul show!

patdavidmusic

Reaction score
Is Spencer doing OK? I heard he didn't do the HK show last night so it was a instrumental set instead :(

Far out, instrumental is great and all but if they're down one nolly if the singer is too sick you think they would cancel,

I'm sure it was an amazing gig though and I'm positive spencer tried everything he could to do it and only bowed out at the last second and it was too late to cancel, well that's just my thoughts,
Get well soon lads, Melbourne was amazing and really I blame the sickness on that Aussie fan that kissed spencer on stage

rapterr15

Reaction score
It seems there's been a bit of a negative reaction on Facebook regarding Jake's attitude towards the fans last night in Shanghai. I was at the show in Hong Kong on Wednesday and feel the band put a lot of passion into their performances and the crowd did a fairly good job of picking up the slack, providing some vocals as a replacement for Spencer's absence. Some of Jake's sarcasm and sense of humor shined through Wednesday and I found his running commentary to be pretty entertaining. Nothing wrong with trying to make light of an unfortunate situation. From what I read, Jake was a bit critical of the fans in SH for not having enough energy and not making enough effort to add vocals, but as someone who has spent a fair amount of time in China and Hong Kong, you can't expect anywhere near the same English ability in China as in Hong Kong. I also don't know that you can expect the same energy from the mainland Chinese, as yes, their country is more conservative and repressed as a result of the communist party's control. There's no doubt though that the fans here are just as grateful as those anywhere else in Asia for the band flying out all the way out here. No doubt these tours are difficult. I've experienced plenty of jet-lag and the lack of sleep can be a total downer, and I can't imagine being expected to perform well and with a certain level of passion night after night. Perhaps Jake was just having a bad day, or perhaps the Chinese didn't understand Jake's sense of humor (sarcasm isn't well understood here). I'll be at the show in Beijing tonight, so if there is any negative reaction from some fans once again, perhaps I'll have a bit more insight as to where the problem lies.

Razerjack

Reaction score
Sure, crowds here are quite conservative in terms of moshing/chanting, hope it doesn't take the fun away for the band... It is what it is, as I have seen numerous members of touring band show disappointment/slight annoyance to the 'unenthusiastic' crowd, which is sometimes hard to watch.

And yeah, Periphery without Nolly and Spencer has been jokingly called 'the Three Kingdom' of guitarists here, but not in a critical way. From what I heard the feedback is mostly positive, the sound is great and their playing is spot on. To think on the bright side, an instrumental set is quite special. Looking foward to the Beijing show, especially with AAL and Nick Johnston as support ;)

The air/sky is also as clear as it can be (by Beijing standards) today, hope that helps with Spencer's recorvery!

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Where can i watch the Juggerdoc? It's not on youtube and can't find it anywhere else in the interwebs either.

I own the album (twice! actually, cd and LP) and I wouldn't want to buy it AGAIN just to get the version with the DVD :lol:

anyone?

Would really like to see that clip

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
anyone?

Would really like to see that clip

If you have a CD copy you should have the Juggerdoc. The Juggernaut: Omega CD has a second disc on the inside of the disc tray that is the Juggerdoc DVD

Unless it only came with preorder copies of the album or something, then I guess you're out of luck