Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Adieu

Reaction score
The only thing I'm confused about is the rehab part. Rehab for what?

It's the modern American catch-all approach to "faking responsibility"

Apparently it's just barely awkward enough to keep people from asking too many questions too often, while simultaneously seeming like penance, deflecting blame ("I'm not a douche it's a condition"), and guilting anyone who tries to further pry or question the validity of the exercise ("I'm getting treatment")

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
He actually focuses quite a bit of his day around taking care of his voice and it really hasn't been an issue lately, but singing and screaming does open you up to more issues. But for what it's worth, I can't think of a single tour I have been on where something hasn't been going around, all it takes is one person and it spreads, just sometimes doesn't get the singers, or doesn't get them bad enough to where they can't sing.
Tbf though, every time he said he was sick i was always surprised, since he usually kills it regardless.

bulb

Reaction score
Tbf though, every time he said he was sick i was always surprised, since he usually kills it regardless.
Yeah this is the first time in a couple years where he told us it actually hurt to sing, and its just not worth risking his voice over a show.

duffbeer33

Reaction score
Maybe you guys should just start taking some huge boxes of vitamin c or elderberry on tour. Seems to keep me healthy in the winter. Then again, I guess I have the luxury of not being crammed into a bus and getting only a few hours of sleep every night for months at a time...

bulb

Reaction score
Maybe you guys should just start taking some huge boxes of vitamin c or elderberry on tour. Seems to keep me healthy in the winter. Then again, I guess I have the luxury of not being crammed into a bus and getting only a few hours of sleep every night for months at a time...
Haha I don't know if you are seriously suggesting that we aren't taking vitamins on the road or trying to be healthy. But pretty much anyone who tours professionally makes staying healthy a priority, because singer or not, being sick on the road is the absolute fucking worst.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
There are people over 35 that go to metal gigs other than Metallica or Slayer!?

I've brought my dad to a ton of metal shows. He actually really likes watching certain bands even though he's not very into metal in general. August Burns Red, Periphery, Fit For A King, Parkway Drive, Erra, etc. Anyone who puts on an entertaining show and is clearly passionate about the music they're making. I brought him to see Periphery in Austin on this last tour and he really liked Plini and Arch Echo too :D

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The majority of vitamin C supplements are in a form that we can’t even absorb. The better one is Zinc for fighting off infections. Just have to time it right if you are supplementing and make sure you don't have calcium 2-3 hours before and after cause it shares to the same absorption channels.

That said when you are on the road surrounded by new people everyday your body is put under a lot of stress.

Krazy Kalle

Reaction score
This thread is changing subjects faster than the pewdiepie subreddit haha.

Just read some stuff about the last shows on reddit and I think what makes a periphery always special, even if half the band is missing,
is that these aren't classic concerts. It feels like you go to a party with periphery, only that periphery and friends is on stage and you watch them.
Is that an understandable thing? I just feel like Periphery is just something different and that's what I love them for.

EDIT: One of those things for example was that I saw a picture from the back and you don't see a single person holding up a smartphone. They all just have fun and enjoy the show

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
It feels like you go to a party with periphery, only that periphery and friends is on stage and you watch them.
Is that an understandable thing? I just feel like Periphery is just something different and that's what I love them for.

It's not just Periphery, media consumption has just moved to be more 24/7 personality based system. On a bigger scale someone like Jeffery Star always has social media posts/stories to make you feel like you're their friend and a part of the journey.

Periphery are doing the same thing, but instead of make up it's sample packs, guitar gear and music.

Krazy Kalle

Reaction score
It's not just Periphery, media consumption has just moved to be more 24/7 personality based system. On a bigger scale someone like Jeffery Star always has social media posts/stories to make you feel like you're their friend and a part of the journey.

Periphery are doing the same thing, but instead of make up it's sample packs, guitar gear and music.

Yeah I understand that, that's actually how many (including myself) people feel about youtubers who for example upload daily and stuff.
I mean I'm a huge fanboy of their music and products, but I'm not stalking them 24/7.
I wouldn't see any of the periphery guys as my friends in any way, I just feel that they are... more chill? I think that comes probably more from the fact, that (as I think Misha mentioned in some video) the Band is more of a passion project with friends and not an actual job, as they make money with other things, or at least some of them. I mean sure they're also hopefully make some money with the band. At least that's what I feel about them, of course I could be completely wrong. They just seem like they have more fun on stage than actually doing a "show".

bulb

Reaction score
The majority of vitamin C supplements are in a form that we can’t even absorb. The better one is Zinc for fighting off infections. Just have to time it right if you are supplementing and make sure you don't have calcium 2-3 hours before and after cause it shares to the same absorption channels.

That said when you are on the road surrounded by new people everyday your body is put under a lot of stress.
I swear by zinc, have done for years now, I take it before bed every night and haven't gotten sick in a long time, might be a placebo effect, but if it works it works!
I find if you take it, and lay down, it completely negates any of the nausea effects, so right before bed works like a charm!

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that, that's actually how many (including myself) people feel about youtubers who for example upload daily and stuff.
I mean I'm a huge fanboy of their music and products, but I'm not stalking them 24/7.
I wouldn't see any of the periphery guys as my friends in any way, I just feel that they are... more chill? I think that comes probably more from the fact, that (as I think Misha mentioned in some video) the Band is more of a passion project with friends and not an actual job, as they make money with other things, or at least some of them. I mean sure they're also hopefully make some money with the band. At least that's what I feel about them, of course I could be completely wrong. They just seem like they have more fun on stage than actually doing a "show".

To be fair, I don't really know what it's like for other bands, but our shows, especially lately, have started to feel really special to me. We hit some markets that we are just weak in, like Alberquerque and Vegas, on this last run, and the attendance was the lowest of any of the shows on the run. But the vibe at those shows was incredible, it didn't feel like it was a weak market or an ambivalent crowd at all. Those shows felt very special, like we were genuinely connecting as a band and crowd, like it was our moment, and I had such a good time. The bigger shows were like that too obviously, and the energy I felt from those shows is truly hard to put into words. But it's amazing to see the smaller crowds have a similar vibe. Really grateful for that.

I think being fortunate enough to treat the band as the passion project I always wanted it to be goes a long way, but we are honestly just lucky to have our fans who support us the way they do. We don't make a ton of money from the band, but we actually make something now which is kind of a treat because for the longest time that just wasn't the case! Probably won't last long, so I'll enjoy it while it does haha!

Aumann

Reaction score
Yeah this is the first time in a couple years where he told us it actually hurt to sing, and its just not worth risking his voice over a show.

I swear. My bandmates always laugh at me cause they find me overly careful with my voice, it's a bit of a meme.
But just the prospect of damaging my voice or needing my vocal chords to be operated on and never be the same again scares me to death.

Spencer especially really pushes his voice to the limits. I wouldn't take any risks in his shoes.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Ew, you really should stay off of MGTOW
- Never heard of this until you mentioned it. I wonder how far I have to read into it on their website before it gets weird or stupid. Anything that stands out off the top of your head about it/them?
- Robot's are the future!

Lianoroto

Reaction score
- Never heard of this until you mentioned it. I wonder how far I have to read into it on their website before it gets weird or stupid. Anything that stands out off the top of your head about it/them?
- Robot's are the future!
Its mostly the kind of people ideas/communities like that attract. That is where you'll find weird/stupid.

Latest posts