Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just now getting around to digesting Periphery V, but I'm digging it so far; its heavy n' riffy, and I'm really enjoying Spencer's vocals a whole lot.

Niter80

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello guys, who owns Misha's signature Jackson Juggernaut HT7, can you please measure pole-to-pole distance on both humbuckers please?

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely love P5, Dracul Gras has quickly made its way into my top 5 favorite Periphery songs, definitely the highlight for me!!

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Quick question for all my fellow Periphery fanboys: does anyone know what Misha used for the glitch drums on P1? Given it came out in 2010 and I’ve seen Misha using Stylus RMX in the past my best assumption is that it’s that, but if anyone knows exactly what he used I’d really love to know!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Quick question for all my fellow Periphery fanboys: does anyone know what Misha used for the glitch drums on P1? Given it came out in 2010 and I’ve seen Misha using Stylus RMX in the past my best assumption is that it’s that, but if anyone knows exactly what he used I’d really love to know!
I could be completely wrong but for some reason I feel like I remember him recommending dblue glitch at that time? Could be totally wrong. I do remember downloading it and some of the presets definitely fit the bill.

LeftyJuggernaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could be completely wrong but for some reason I feel like I remember him recommending dblue glitch at that time? Could be totally wrong. I do remember downloading it and some of the presets definitely fit the bill.

I do own that actually!! These days I use Stutter Edit 2, it’s a much more in depth version of what the classic Glitch 2 can do. So if he used a plugin to make the drums glitchy I wonder if he just used his actual acoustic kits render with all the effects or if they’re electronic drums instead, so many questions…

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I do own that actually!! These days I use Stutter Edit 2, it’s a much more in depth version of what the classic Glitch 2 can do. So if he used a plugin to make the drums glitchy I wonder if he just used his actual acoustic kits render with all the effects or if they’re electronic drums instead, so many questions…
They sound like electronic drums to me but I could be wrong.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Misha really seems to know his way around synths. I'm sure he can make almost anything sound beautiful.

I'm kind of jealous! I get option paralysis instantly when there's more than 3 buttons to tweak! :lol:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
so I listened to Periphery V earlier this year, and I was just like hell yeah, good stuff, go Periphery! and then I kinda forgot about it. Honestly, even though I do like Periphery, they have been off my usual rotation for... well, probably since Periphery II. I always recognize that their music is legit, but somehow I never think of Periphery when it comes time for me to put on some tunes.

Then the other day I found myself listening to Periphery V again (trying to find some into metal music, after all Periphery has those poppy vocal melodies), and holy shit I can't stop listening. It's been on repeat for like 2 weeks now. As other people mentioned, Dracul Gras is the shit, but I also really really love Atropos. The difference in atmosphere between the beginning of the song and the end is so huge, yet it switches over so gradually that by the time you're at the end you're feeling like how did I get here? The tone of those slow, long, droning groaning chords at the end is just sick. And the video is cool AF, too. Not sure why the album didn't completely click for me when I first heard it, maybe I was distracted.

It caused me to go back and re-listen to Juggernaut and P3 (Hail Stan is not on YT Music for some reason? I know it used to be... What's up with that?), and they are pretty great, too... but I think Periphery V is officially my favorite Periphery album to date. And even though there's been a lot of other good stuff this year, I think it's gonna be AOTY for me... And it has made me rediscover my love for the band.

penguin_316

Reaction score
The funniest thing about that guys video above, is Veil of Maya clipping it and using it as a riff note for note haha.