[pick ups]sounds from next with bridge in use?

• Thread starter ulao
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ulao

Reaction score
I just installed two sets of humbuckers. I left it standard switched, ( 3 way ) neck-both-bridge. I had taken my guitar in for a guitar tech to fix a few setting on my floyed rose and asked for him to install a new switch. When I got is back I noticed with the switch set to bridge, and the bridge volume all the way down I get sound from the neck ( only when I play load ). I f I turn down the Neck volume it goes a way. The same is true in the reverse.

Now I'm no stranger to electronics, but what could cause that? I didnt seen anything out of place when I had a look.

Here is an example of my wiring. although I wire in series
2h_2v_1t_3w_pp.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ulao

Reaction score
huh, from what I can tell its the pots... I dont see a way to adjust them any but with the new pickups I get a little bleed through. I can adjust the pickup distance a bit to fix it up some but still here some extra noise if the volume is down. Are there other types of volume pots other then 500k? Any one run in to this before.