Picks Vs. Fingers

• Thread starter swayman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pick or Fingers?

• Pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fingers

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • I use both

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cad P Crayon

Reaction score
I love the feel of fingerstyle playing. There's a certain physical attachment that makes it more comfortable than having my hand floating beside the strings. But I also love grinding away with a pick at times, although I do plan to transition the songs I play with a pick to fingerstyle eventually. Has anyone tried any kind of "freestyle" technique or anything radically different, such as using a cello's or double bass' bow? I've tried a drumstick (smacking the strings vertically) a few times; the attack produced is unreal.

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
I love the feel of fingerstyle playing. There's a certain physical attachment that makes it more comfortable than having my hand floating beside the strings. But I also love grinding away with a pick at times, although I do plan to transition the songs I play with a pick to fingerstyle eventually. Has anyone tried any kind of "freestyle" technique or anything radically different, such as using a cello's or double bass' bow? I've tried a drumstick (smacking the strings vertically) a few times; the attack produced is unreal.

That drumstick idea sounds really cool, I`ll have to try that sometime !!!. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score

I have tried playing with a bow. I could only play on the B and the G though, because of the radius.

The low B was fucking insane :lol:

4String

Reaction score
With the strings that I use on my standard 4 string; I find the tone of using picks to be quite terrible. I enjoy the GHS Precision Flats for a nice mellow tone and easy feel which is what I use.