Pickup recommendations for a Les Paul styled guitar?

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I knew a guy who had his drop B tuned Les Paul Studio equipped with a Duncan SH4 JB, and it sounded incredible to me. I think it may have been partially due to having been tuned down so low, like the JB helped keep it from being mushy. Sounded really good through my Dual Rectifier at the time.

The only other pickup I have experience with in an LP that wasn't stock was a Duncan SH6 Distortion, also really cool. Definitely thicker and more of a low mids growl than the JB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I have a schecter Solo II custom as well and have been looking for a pickup that will turn the guitar into an absolute fire breathing beast of a guitar. I have the Fishman DT set in there and I feel it is just missing something. If I don't end up getting a good sound out of it I am probably just gonna sell it and use the funds to get a nicer 7 string for my 5th year anniversary

You ever played a JB? How do they compare to the Pasadena?

elkoki

Reaction score
I loved how the emg 81/85 set in my solo sounded. It sounded amazingly huge playing through a Bugera Trirec. Also tried a black winter but didnt like it. Too harsh and over the top especially with an already aggresive amp.