Pickups similar to Fusion Edge?

• Thread starter DragonGuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DragonGuitar

Reaction score
I'm getting an Ibanez RGDIX7MPB soon and I want to put in white pickups for aesthetic reasons. However, I have heard that the stock Fusion Edge pups are really nice, and I kind of want to keep them or something similar in the guitar. Unfortunately, it seems that Dimarzio does not offer these pickups in white. What are some good pickups with a similar sound to the fusion edge, and what would you recommend I put in the guitar? I plan on using it for mostly pretty low tuned progressive metalcore type stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey, one could use a printer to do some toppers and get them for less than 2$... One could even DRAW on them and have them being unique...

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
another easy solution is take off the screws/tape the slugs and then paint the pickup white. or use a vinyl wrap which is removable and pretty cheap. I've covered some of my pickups with carbon fiber looking wrap from here : https://www.rvinyl.com/White-Matte-Vinyl-Film-Wrap.html
As far as pickups go, test the fusion edges out first, see if you like them. If you don't then throw in a dimarzio titan, they're tight and great for metal. If you want something a little meaner sounding try a nazgul or omega.

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
Just buy some bobbin toppers and save yourself $150. Yes, you will know the pickups aren't actually white all the way through, but dude, absolutely nobody in the entire universe is ever going to care.

This site sells 7 string versions in white for $2 per coil - http://universaljems.com/cart/bobbin.htm

is there something like this for covered pickups? i'd love to make the blackouts in my js22-7 gold

GuitarBizarre

Listen to physics.
Reaction score
is there something like this for covered pickups? i'd love to make the blackouts in my js22-7 gold
Blackouts and EMGs are difficult, because the pickup is epoxied together and essentially impossible to take apart without destroying it.

The obvious option is to just get some appropriately coloured/plated metal, cut to size, and glue it on, but that's a little bit too ghetto, and potentially hard to reverse. Can't really think of much else though.

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score

Attachments

• dinky.jpg
    dinky.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 34