Pointless rave

• Thread starter Jacksonluvr636
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I cannot stop playing my guitar after getting the Uber Ultra. I don't know what it is but this amp speaks to me.

I haven't been more inspired in YEARS to play. I feel like I just went back 20 years and my only responsibility was playing music.

A lot of people say when you need inspiration to try playing another genre, try a different tuning, learn other people's songs....I say buy a fkn uberschall.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been eyeing these while telling myself I don't need another amp :rofl:

I don't recall, which version do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I've been eyeing these while telling myself I don't need another amp :rofl:

I don't recall, which version do you have?
It's the 6L6.

I went to youtube to check out some clips. Listened to all the EL34 and KT88 then I saw a 6L6 bedroom clip by Matt Henson and it just sounded killer.

Was one of those I have to have it moments. Ironically the same day I saw one pop up for sale on Facebook and got it.

I've also uploaded a bunch of random bedroom clips on YouTube, unfortunately I'm not a youtube guy and don't Mic things and I'm not doing any justice for this amp but it is killer. There needs to be more 6L6 demos for this amp but I can't say how much of a difference there really is between them.

I owned a Rev 2 many years ago and spent some time with a twin jet but this one is just amazing to me.

Lately I've been trying to see how drastic/what different sounds I can get. I think after I've had the amp for a while I'll memorize different settings and make one video to show the entire range of the amp. The core tone is always there but you can manipulate it more than any other amp I've played.

Last edited:

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
I cannot stop playing my guitar after getting the Uber Ultra. I don't know what it is but this amp speaks to me.

I haven't been more inspired in YEARS to play. I feel like I just went back 20 years and my only responsibility was playing music.

A lot of people say when you need inspiration to try playing another genre, try a different tuning, learn other people's songs....I say buy a fkn uberschall.

You had a JP2C or an MI Audio Megalith right? How would you compare those to the Uber Ultra? Especially, the Megalith. In my mind, they have that same German sound and the Megalith also had a quick and tight response while having huge low end.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
You had a JP2C or an MI Audio Megalith right? How would you compare those to the Uber Ultra? Especially, the Megalith. In my mind, they have that same German sound and the Megalith also had a quick and tight response while having huge low end.
Yeah I've had both.

Wish I kept the MI just due to the rarity but idk. I didn't have it too long and didn't spent a huge amount of time with it.

From what I remember it sounded great, definitely huge low end. Its hard to remember so take it with a grain of salt but from my recollection the low end while huge was more in your face and present sounding where as the Uber is the DEEP feel it in your chest Herbert type of low end. (Not saying it sounds like a Herbert at all and the Herbert is even more interesting in the Low end but that's the best example I can give)

The gain on the Megalith was more refined or cleaner sounding.

It seemed like if recto and uber was mixed in one amp. But again, I didn't have it very long.

The Uber is just no comparison in my opinion because the shaping options are endless. The MI has some too and I got some extra mods added but the Uber seems to do more.

I will say regarding the JP2C the Mesa 5 band EQ is devastating and nothing compares to that, plus it sits in a mix better than most Amps to me. They're all great amps.

Last edited:

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Amps are crazy to me and hard to compare. They all do their own thing and depending on what guitar or speakers you use it can change things.

Although I haven't played it myself in a band mix yet (I did let my friends use it at their practice) i would say the Uber has been the #1 amp for me.

If I had to pick a top 5 in order:

Uber
VHT Pitbull
Mesa JP2C
Monomyth Modded Origin
And a tie between the Megalith and Fortin Cali probably

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm still digging my Ultra EL34 too. It does have the potential to feedback a lot if you crank the gain + boost and stand right in front of it, but that's mainly at the extreme settings. I'm ok that it lets you go there, but any sane person would dial it back a bit to normal territory, which I don't find overly noisy at all.

I went EL34 because I already have a Stealth 100 and Fireball 100, so wanted to mix it up a bit.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nobody's misreading, they're looking at it listed for sale... I'm guessing it is just covered by "Gear addict." :lol:

That said if you had let me know you were listing it I would have probably grabbed it but I just pulled the trigger on a KT88 loaded one

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Oh, I thought we were all gonna gaslight him for being happy.

Somebody buy my Revv.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Nobody's misreading, they're looking at it listed for sale... I'm guessing it is just covered by "Gear addict." :lol:

That said if you had let me know you were listing it I would have probably grabbed it but I just pulled the trigger on a KT88 loaded one
Oh, well no. I had some serious plumbing/tree issues at my house that can't be ignored and need to free up some money. If that amp sells it is definitely one I'll buy again unless I can afford a Wizard, I can't see any other amp I'd rather have.

I have a pretty high end PC and other stuff I'm trying to sell as well. If that sells first I'll keep the amp and E2