POLL! Ibanez Premium 7, LTD ZH-7 or Shecter Blackjack SLS C-7?

Which one is the best guitar? (Built quality, playability, sound etc.)

• Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Ibanez RG927FXQM Premium 7

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • ESP LTD ZH-7

Votes: 21 30.0%

• Total voters

Eeedwardsson

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I need som advice here... Which one of those are the best guitar for the buck?

Ibanez Premium 7:
Ibanez RG927FXQM-RDT - Thomann UK

Electric Guitars RG - RG927FXQM PREMIUM | Ibanez guitars

Shecter Blackjack SLS C-7: Schecter BlackJack SLS C-7 SBK Seymour - Thomann UK

Blackjack SLS C-7 - Schecter Guitar Research

ESP LTD ZH-7:

ESP LTD ZH-7 STBLKS - Thomann UK

The ESP Guitar Company | 2013 USA Website

I will most of the time play metal/djent/core in B standard, Drop A and G#. Since the Schecter got a longer scale length maybe that axe is the best choice? What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
iv always been a fan of extended range schecters. i also love the zack householder 7. its a sick looking guitar. and now that it comes with passive p'ups its freaking sweet.

Eeedwardsson

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the fast reply!
Yeah, The ZH-7 looks fantastic! If I´ll buy it I will buy the 2013 edition with Dimarzio D-Activator pickups, sound much better than the EMG´s imo.

CrowCore777

Reaction score
For years I never bought an Ibanez because I hated the specs...I had the same mentality until I bought an RGD this year...best guitar i've ever played...Ibanez are black magic and you'll never regret buying one, played the premium too..so sick, get it.

Njaton

Reaction score
I would advise against the Ibanez, I know they make great instruments but i recently ordered one and had to send it back, got another and also had to send that one back because even after a set up, the fret buzz was just terrible on both. I also believe the pick ups are better in the schecter and LTD (in my opinion) but thats just preference.
Also I've seen a bunch of reviews of the Ibanez similar to mine so it wasn't just me (I've also seen people completely satisfied so take what i say as you wish). Hope your happy with what you end up with:hbang:

Eeedwardsson

Reaction score
I´ve read about that... Many have ordered this Ibanez and some people have gotten defect ones, and the pickup ain´t that great, which makes me sceptic about it... But maybe I´ll get it and replace one of the pickups for a BareKnuckle Aftermath. Looks like I´m choosing between the Schecter SLS and the Ibanez for the moment ^^

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i too am not personally a fan of ibanez. i have an rga7qm, its an ok guitar. but my damien elite 7, which new costs about a hundred bucks less is just alot better even though its a cheaper guitar new.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
6 month ago I would of said the ZH-7, when it still had EMGs. I preferred them & those customs are the highest qaulity LTD you can get.

But! Blackjack is the way you want to go, IMO

TonyGT

Reaction score
The Ibanez RG927QMF!! The guitar is amazing looking, the fretwork is awesome, and the stock pickups are ok (mine are soon to be replaced).

studmiester7

Official Logo
Reaction score
I own the SLS C-7....and dude.....it is flat-out amazing. Seriously one of the best necks I've ever played on. Sound is super hot, and ready to unload the sonic fury of the almighty Zeus, himself, lol

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I'd give the edge to the SLS just for the ergonomics and features of the SLS line.

Make sure you get the offset dots version if it ever comes out.

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
This forum is mainly ibanez biased, with the results of this poll reflecting that. That being said... All three guitars are awesome haha you can't go wrong with any of them. But I'd go for the Alex Wade sig ltd if I were you.

Ari_VD

genius wannabe
Reaction score
I own dat Ibanez Premium QMZ series. great guitar but IMHO you'd upgrade it's PUs :)

Pat_tct

Reaction score
I'd go for the LTD ZH-7
No need to swap the PUs as you would likely want to in the other guitars.
But I think it comes down to what neck feels better to you.
the ltd adn the premium are both great quality so I would go for the one that is closer to the specs you want....

Hardtail Ibby bridge vs tom
"normal" sized neck vs very thin neck
PUs need a change vs D-Activators (probably no need to change if you like them)

no info on the blackjack... but i don't like schecter myself :/

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
I was stoked about the ZH-7 too until I got the chance to try one out. The neck felt so goddamn awkward in my hands and I gave up on the whole idea after 5 minutes. I've always been an Ibanez man and I think my hands kind of adapted to their Wizard-profiles. So I don't know which brand you're used to play, but I'd certainly advice trying them out before you buy anything in a whim.

Eeedwardsson

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response guys!

Well, I´ve also checked out the Ibanez RGD2127FX (fixed bridge) and that guitar looks and plays fantastic! Would it be better than the RG927FXQM and the Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7? I will probably replace the pickups if I buy that guitar though

Xardoniak

Reaction score
I personally dislike the neck of Ibanez guitars. I have a Bkackjack ATX 7 and I love it! Although make sure you clean the neck or else itll loose some playability, if its anything like mine.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
the RGD would be better then the Premium as its a Prestige model.
Depends on what you like more.
Both Models are available with the tight-end-bridge.
depending on your preference and tuning I would say go for the RGD if the money is there.

Also take a look at some jackson 7-strings. they have a couple models out. with or without floyd rose trem.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
ZH siggie. Why?

Because satin trans black is why. :lol: