Post a riff!

• Thread starter Jongpil Yun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    riff
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Just like the title says, post a riff you wrote yourself.

I'm not very good at writing stuff myself but I might as well start this off proper, so...

riffyk4.png

I was listening to Buckethead when I wrote this so it's pretty dissonant and weird sounding.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Interesting idea for a thread. Are you asking for posts of sheet music/tab like you posted, or also audio clips or whatever we've got? Also, 7/8 is an awesome meter :metal:. I miss Power Tab (yeah, I know that's Guitar Pro). I've been writing some stuff here out of town, and I've had to go back to writing it out by hand :(.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting idea for a thread. Are you asking for posts of sheet music/tab like you posted, or also audio clips or whatever we've got? Also, 7/8 is an awesome meter :metal:. I miss Power Tab (yeah, I know that's Guitar Pro). I've been writing some stuff here out of town, and I've had to go back to writing it out by hand :(.

Hey, whatever you've got is good. Tab/notation is good, audio is even better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A Queensryche-style chordal riff. This is an effect I really like, where one guitar plays power chords, and the other adds chordal colours on top, allowing you to play more complex chord voicings with a heavy sound. It sounds stunning if you uses slightly contrasting tones and pan both guitars hard left and right in the mix.

33246c5b9046aa55.bmp

shredfreak

Reaction score
One of the more interesting riff i wrote. Srry for the large file :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Liberate.JPG
    Liberate.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 34

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
George Lynch said:
No! No one is going to steal my riffz!! In fact, I'm not even going to face the audience during a show, some poser will steal my lickz too.

prick.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yknow, the ironic thing is that George Lynch probably stole that attitude from EVH, heh.

EDIT: Jongpil beat me to it, dayum.

I've been working on-and-off on some seven-string instructional books that focus on how you can use the extended range in a bunch of different genres. Odds are it'll never amount to anything, but it gives me the excuse to try and come up with riffs/etudes in the style of other musicians, which is always fun. I thought this one was pretty good, it's the opening riff to the Morbid Angel-style etude I came up with and is ugly as sin. Enjoy!

DOUBLE-EDIT: I guess you might actually wanna see it:wallbash:

TRIPLE-EDIT: freakin' typos:wallbash::wallbash:

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
ok! here is something of mine! =)

all this stuffs are by me, protected with copyrights and content in my X-Ercise book! :cool:

ok..

1. this is from "Bromatic Black Licks on Blonde Neoclassical Stuffs". i tune DAFCGD. all alt picking.
6c8mp7s.jpg

you can find me playn'this here: YouTube - Cromatic Black Licks on Blonde Classical Stuffs

2. this is the intro of my "Live'n'Bury". i tune DAFCGD.
62rrbiv.jpg

just some odd tempos and so on.. :rolleyes:

=)

:scream: :scream: :scream: