Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

SouthpawGuy

Reaction score
15441558195_27bd7d6743_o.jpg

14447661403_1574fcfd9d_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Not a great photo, but just seeing what you guys thought, did have chrome EMG's in this, got tired of it, now swapping out all the hardware to black, so far have black EMG 57/66 set, pup rings, knobs, strap buttons and some black gotoh kluson style locking tuners on the way, waiting on stock availability for a quality 3 way switch in black.... Think it completely changes the attitude of the guitar...

PRSSEZachMyers23.jpg

Vrollin

Reaction score
Aaaaand the tuners arrived today! Really digging these, were extremely easy to swap over and install, next time I restring I'll set the string post heights all the same height as the high strings, was just kinda experimenting with them today.
Decided that if the tone pros bridge I have coming for the other SE is up to scratch then I'll order a black one for this to complete it all. Once all the hardware is swapped out, I might even consider trying some Seymour Duncan passives.... I have problems....

PRSSEZachMyers26.jpg

PRSSEZachMyers27.jpg

PRSSEZachMyers28.jpg

1b4n3z

Reaction score
A preliminary taste of things to come (arriving next week to be precise). I have just ordered a black Ibanez RG, who would've thought? Edge Pro, HSH and such. It's MIJ so quality is expected of it.

Black as in black onyx

img3_297807.jpg

;)

TurnTheAirBlue

Reaction score
New to the forum. I don't have any 7 strings at the moment. Here's what I have right now.

ESP Horizon - Natural satin finish, ash body, maple neck, duncan blackouts, d tuna, noiseless springs, brass trem claw, tungsten 42mm fat sustain block, titanium string blocks, tuned to B standard.

Jackson KV2 Black - I have a Dimarzio X2N for the bridge and a D Activator for the neck and will be tuning to D standard. I also have noiseless springs, brass trem claw and 37mm Stone Tone sustain block for the Floyd, titanium string blocks.

Jackson KV1 Korina - This one hasn't arrived yet, pictures are from the seller. Should have this in hand in a week or two.

I also have a Fender 1991 Japanese Strat, with Floyd Rose but it hasn't been set up yet. I'm going to be setting it with a single hum configuration, pearl white pickguard, Bare Knuckle Miracle Man pickup, 32mm fat brass L block for the floyd, noiseless springs, titanium string blocks.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Welcome on my behalf and that's a nice collection! Seems like you employ quite a few different sustain blocks, any insight on what's the best material for sustain and clarity? I only have brass blocks, and all my trem guitars have them (5)

TurnTheAirBlue

Reaction score
Thanks. Brass is fine, I just decided to go with tungsten in that guitar because I was tuning to B. I haven't tried a brass block in that guitar so I can't really compare.

I haven't installed the Stone Tone block yet, I might get a titanium block for that kv2 to try and brighten it up just a bit, it's the darkest sounding Jackson I've had. I may keep the Stone Tone for a different guitar.

To be honest they are probably overkill for most people but I like chopping and changing with my stuff all the time. If I end up not liking it it goes on eBay or I'll trade for a different piece of gear.

Are you thinking of swapping the block in your new Ibanez?

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Are you thinking of swapping the block in your new Ibanez?

Most likely 😄 I have one brass block already incoming. So far all Ibanezes I've had benefited from a big block, and I'm sure JC is not different in that regard (Wizard neck).

I am on the fence with my SL2H though, it's very dark and low mid heavy even without the block. But I love the increased resonance and sustain, so I'm not swapping it out just yet. I would like to know if a Tungsten or a titanium block might be a better choice in the end.

TurnTheAirBlue

Reaction score
Most likely 😄 I have one brass block already incoming. So far all Ibanezes I've had benefited from a big block, and I'm sure JC is not different in that regard (Wizard neck).

I am on the fence with my SL2H though, it's very dark and low mid heavy even without the block. But I love the increased resonance and sustain, so I'm not swapping it out just yet. I would like to know if a Tungsten or a titanium block might be a better choice in the end.

If its already very dark a titanium block might even things out a bit but obviously it's impossible to know until you try. If you like how it sounds I'd leave it alone. What is the SL2H tuned to?

1b4n3z

Reaction score
If its already very dark a titanium block might even things out a bit but obviously it's impossible to know until you try. If you like how it sounds I'd leave it alone. What is the SL2H tuned to?

Yeah should try a titanium block out some day. They're not cheap by any means though 😊 It's tuned to E standard and it sounds big and bold (Black Winter set). However D standard is my preferred tuning and the Soloist is quite boomy there. I might swap EMGs back in to cut some of that massive low end back. I would lose the passive chime and bloom though

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
Here's the family (shitty phone camera content)

attachment.php

(L to R)
LTD M-15 (85X)
LTD H-200 (85/89R)
Line6 JTV-69
Epiphone LP Standard (Evolution/FRED)
Fender US Strat (81X)

and a Yamaha RBX375

*edit for disclaimer

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Dutch angle time for the heavily modded RGT42DXFM, because this guy doesn't get enough photographical love lately. Oh and it needs to be my new avatar :lol:

TxMNGAl.jpg

.. I guess the RGD needs some photo love too sometimes :D

Jq64ZIp.jpg

Latest posts