Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
IMG-5285.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Just picked up this ESP-LTD Elite made in Japan for a pretty good price.
Just when I was getting a handle on the product line of Edwards, E-II, LTD, Original, you had to bring a god damn MIJ LTD into the equation 😮‍💨
Sweet guitar, though, had no idea there were/are MIJ branded LTDs.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Just when I was getting a handle on the product line of Edwards, E-II, LTD, Original, you had to bring a god damn MIJ LTD into the equation 😮‍💨
Sweet guitar, though, had no idea there were/are MIJ branded LTDs.
Thanks.

Yeah when ESP decided to ditch ESP Standard Series they rebranded to LTD Elite. It only lasted one year (2013) before they decided to rebrand to E-II. In other words, it’s an ESP SS / E-II guitar with LTD Elite on the headstock which makes it lower price on the used market in comparison to ESP SS and E-II.

If I’m not mistaken the Japanese market went directly from ESP standard to E-II but everywhere else got the LTD Elite naming because ESP thought it would be more recognizable because everyone was familiar with LTD naming. I believe they realized that people didn’t want their Japanese ESP to say LTD on it so in 2014 they changed it to E-II to match their domestic naming.

Thesius

Reaction score
Not going to pretend I understand Japanese, but the delivery slip is taped to that bubble wrap? The sharpie numbers on the bubblewrap also make me think it gets shipped like that? With no box?:oops:
View attachment 144122

Pickup statement I believe. I had to get someone in Japan to pick this up from a pawn shop because they would not ship domestically since it came with no case. It will be sent to me in a case haha. Also, I have purchased 5 guitars from Japan that were sent without cases, just ol' bubble wrap in a box. Luckily there were no incidents, but each time it was a shocker lol. The sharpie is the item number from the auction

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah when ESP decided to ditch ESP Standard Series they rebranded to LTD Elite. It only lasted one year (2013) before they decided to rebrand to E-II. In other words, it’s an ESP SS / E-II guitar with LTD Elite on the headstock which makes it lower price on the used market in comparison to ESP SS and E-II.

If I’m not mistaken the Japanese market went directly from ESP standard to E-II but everywhere else got the LTD Elite naming because ESP thought it would be more recognizable because everyone was familiar with LTD naming. I believe they realized that people didn’t want their Japanese ESP to say LTD on it so in 2014 they changed it to E-II to match their domestic naming.
Around the time between the switch from Standard Series to LTD Elite to E-II, there were some Metallica sigs (KH602 and Truckster) made with a LTD logo but they have a ESP style serial number and construction (ie, the biflex truss rod, not a dual action rod; body contours match the Standard Series, not the Korean LTDs).

I think these were only for the Japanese market, but they seem to have toyed with the idea of just a straight made-in-Japan LTD line but abandoned it.

I have one of these KH602s. I considered a Truckster but passed. The easiest way to spot the Truckster is that the truss rod cover will be much larger to cover the biflex rod nut. Just like on the Standard Series Trucksters.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Around the time between the switch from Standard Series to LTD Elite to E-II, there were some Metallica sigs (KH602 and Truckster) made with a LTD logo but they have a ESP style serial number and construction (ie, the biflex truss rod, not a dual action rod; body contours match the Standard Series, not the Korean LTDs).

I think these were only for the Japanese market, but they seem to have toyed with the idea of just a straight made-in-Japan LTD line but abandoned it.

I have one of these KH602s. I considered a Truckster but passed. The easiest way to spot the Truckster is that the truss rod cover will be much larger to cover the biflex rod nut. Just like on the Standard Series Trucksters.
Oh that's cool! I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

manu80

Reaction score
Wanted to try one for a while and this one popped up for not too expensive
It’s a Loic le Pape, french luthier who does steel body and wood necks guitar
Unplugged it sounds a bit like a dobro, metallic indeed but plugged in, i’m amazingly surprised by the p90 ( sp custom or kent armstrong, gotta check that)
Lots of bite and it take a distortion lile a humbucker, really good.
And it got the looks ;)
IMG_3105.jpegIMG_3106.jpegIMG_3107.jpegIMG_3108.jpeg