Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Luafcm

Reaction score
A quick review of some nice Jackson axes

Love my Jackson DK2S! The sustainer system is quite useful and not gimmicky like one might expect. I like the normal sustainer mode, the harmonic mode is can get a little too noisy. As a straight up pickup, the sustainer doesn't sound that great, luckily it has a stock Duncan JB. I like using this guitar with a ton of fun ambient effects and delay. It sails for sure!
Jackson DK2S Sustainer.jpg

DK2 with Dimarzio's (X2n-FastTrack-Air Norton). The last two positions set the neck humbucker coils in series or in parallel. It's sweet singing axe! Probably my favorite guitar in the heard. Very nice skulls airbrush paint job by the Japan factory. I like these old Jackson lic low pro bridges. I find they hold tuning like a champ if you keep it setup properly for your string gauge, stretch the strings, and keep it floating level. The only thing I'd add to these 90's jackson guitars is a string tree to help with keeping the pitch when clamping the nuts down, and maybe a allen wrench holder on the back of the headstock. As I age I keep looking at the X2N haha, maybe one day I'll dial it back a little. The X2N is a wonderful pickup, but limits this guitar's versatility IMO.
Jackson DK2.jpg

Jackson Dinky XL. Invader bridge renders the stock single just about useless (too big of a volume difference). I would prefer to stick the stock bridge pickup in there, and sell the invader. I like the invader in my basswood/maple RG7321 more than I do in this similar construction Dinky. A very solid looking and feeling guitar. The inlays on the XL embarrass my other two DK2 guitars.
Jackson DinkyXL.jpg

Here's a true flagship of a guitar, KV2 Select. I would put this up against any Jackson guitar as an example of high quality. It is mostly black, and no figured woods showing so not as pretty as many Jackson guitars. It is a super fast, low action shred machine. Truly wails and no more needs to be said!
Jackson USA KV2.jpg

Mourguitars

Reaction score
A quick review of some nice Jackson axes

Love my Jackson DK2S! The sustainer system is quite useful and not gimmicky like one might expect. I like the normal sustainer mode, the harmonic mode is can get a little too noisy. As a straight up pickup, the sustainer doesn't sound that great, luckily it has a stock Duncan JB. I like using this guitar with a ton of fun ambient effects and delay. It sails for sure!
View attachment 70757

DK2 with Dimarzio's (X2n-FastTrack-Air Norton). The last two positions set the neck humbucker coils in series or in parallel. It's sweet singing axe! Probably my favorite guitar in the heard. Very nice skulls airbrush paint job by the Japan factory. I like these old Jackson lic low pro bridges. I find they hold tuning like a champ if you keep it setup properly for your string gauge, stretch the strings, and keep it floating level. The only thing I'd add to these 90's jackson guitars is a string tree to help with keeping the pitch when clamping the nuts down, and maybe a allen wrench holder on the back of the headstock. As I age I keep looking at the X2N haha, maybe one day I'll dial it back a little. The X2N is a wonderful pickup, but limits this guitar's versatility IMO.
View attachment 70758

Jackson Dinky XL. Invader bridge renders the stock single just about useless (too big of a volume difference). I would prefer to stick the stock bridge pickup in there, and sell the invader. I like the invader in my basswood/maple RG7321 more than I do in this similar construction Dinky. A very solid looking and feeling guitar. The inlays on the XL embarrass my other two DK2 guitars.
View attachment 70759

Here's a true flagship of a guitar, KV2 Select. I would put this up against any Jackson guitar as an example of high quality. It is mostly black, and no figured woods showing so not as pretty as many Jackson guitars. It is a super fast, low action shred machine. Truly wails and no more needs to be said!
View attachment 70760

Awesome pile of skulls axes there...I miss that early 90’s era of guitars, still have all those Jackson catalogs and drool looking thru them. I had a jigsaw graphic USA bolt on like a fool I sold it..neck was skinny on those but was a awesome guitar

Mike

Luafcm

Reaction score
Awesome pile of skulls axes there...I miss that early 90’s era of guitars, still have all those Jackson catalogs and drool looking thru them. I had a jigsaw graphic USA bolt on like a fool I sold it..neck was skinny on those but was a awesome guitar

Mike
All of those graphic series guitars leave me with GAS! I remember those jigsaw guitars looked great! Those were the ones with the chicks face turning into a skull with the pieces flying away, right?

Mourguitars

Reaction score
All of those graphic series guitars leave me with GAS! I remember those jigsaw guitars looked great! Those were the ones with the chicks face turning into a skull with the pieces flying away, right?

Oh yea that's the one..MTV cost me a lot of money back in the late 80's early 90's...I had the Saturn , and i guess it was the Erie dis. I bought those on a price goes down a dollar a minute sale ..went back half our before closing and bought those two for $450 each with case..Good times back then !

100_0036.jpg

Luafcm

Reaction score
Oh yea that's the one..MTV cost me a lot of money back in the late 80's early 90's...I had the Saturn , and i guess it was the Erie dis. I bought those on a price goes down a dollar a minute sale ..went back half our before closing and bought those two for $450 each with case..Good times back then !

View attachment 70821
Dig that old pickup configuration and rout job! Very cool indeed man, hopefully we see a renaissance for Jackson soon.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I guess these three can go together :fever:
66307376_3137268206289547_9080957995130552320_n.jpg

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
^All three of those really are great looking guitars, and I'm really not even much of a Periphery fan! Which one is your favorite?