Post your fiearms guys.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
In the time intervening I've picked up a Stag AR15-M4 Model 2 and loaded it up with Dark Earth toned EVERYTHING :D, and just to piss off the cork sniffers - I wanted an AR platform "plinker" that Oak Ridge would let me fire at the indoor range - A Spike ARL-22, chambered for .22lr but with an upper swap, boom 5.56 or 6.5spc - So I laugh in the face of those that balk at his guns (I couldnt care less about the logo bullshit - The gun is excellent for the $, a Beretta Cx4 Storm in .45 apc, a sweet Beretta 1022 w bipod for my son and I to plink with and a Mossberg Maverick .308 w Nikon scope and pick up a Springfield XDm .9mm in black/OD green on friday.... :hbang::fawk::yesway:

Pics, pics, pics!!!!

Congrats on the new acquisitions! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Yep - Except for "range rounds" like PMC FMJs all my handguns are loaded with a variety of hollow point rounds. My absolute favorites being the ExtremeShock EPR and Air Marshalls... For home defense and close quarter engagement they are the "safest" round in the world. Wont ricochet, or go through walls but on soft organic tissue does a great deal more damage than a standard HP could ever muster.

In the time intervening I've picked up a Stag AR15-M4 Model 2 and loaded it up with Dark Earth toned EVERYTHING :D, and just to piss off the cork sniffers - I wanted an AR platform "plinker" that Oak Ridge would let me fire at the indoor range - A Spike ARL-22, chambered for .22lr but with an upper swap, boom 5.56 or 6.5spc - So I laugh in the face of those that balk at his guns (I couldnt care less about the logo bullshit - The gun is excellent for the $, a Beretta Cx4 Storm in .45 apc, a sweet Beretta 1022 w bipod for my son and I to plink with and a Mossberg Maverick .308 w Nikon scope and pick up a Springfield XDm .9mm in black/OD green on friday.... :hbang::fawk::yesway:

I just started getting into AR15s and I'm just wondering wether it would be best for me as a beginner to ARs, to buy one ready made or to piece together my own?
I'm really really enjoying the styles that DPMS has to offer, any word on them? Their ARs look SLICK AS FUCK, more specifically the Arctic Panther model (google it NOW).
http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2071075/DPMS_ARTIC_Panther_223_900_B_O
EDIT: THIS GUN: http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2071075/DPMS_ARTIC_Panther_223_900_B_O

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
I just started getting into AR15s and I'm just wondering wether it would be best for me as a beginner to ARs, to buy one ready made or to piece together my own?
I'm really really enjoying the styles that DPMS has to offer, any word on them? Their ARs look SLICK AS FUCK, more specifically the Arctic Panther model (google it NOW).

EDIT: THIS GUN: DPMS ARTIC Panther. .223 $900 B/O -

I think it depends on you. How good are you with tools and following directions? If you're good with your hands, have patience and a few common tools you can probably buy a lower-parts kit and put it together without too much trouble. Could gain you some knowledge of how the thing works too, which is a good thing.

On the other hand, if you're not good with your hands, impatient or just want to "get out and shoot" then I don't see anything wrong with getting one already put-together. The one you linked to is pretty badass! :yesway:

rob_l

Reaction score
That's an odd looking one - Has the "District 9" MNU look about it.

I'd start off with a Stag or a Colt. Al's Army Navy has a brand new Colt AR loaded out with Dark Earth MagPul parts for only $1079....

Picked up a Springfield XD-9 in Olive Drab / Black yesterday - Pics to come have no fear ..... :evil::hbang:

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to make my own as apposed to buying one whole. In a way, I'm also kinda worried that I could fuck something up during the build process and have the bitch backfire on me or something. :lol:
Then again, like orb said, I'd gain some good experience putting my own together...

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to make my own as apposed to buying one whole. In a way, I'm also kinda worried that I could fuck something up during the build process and have the bitch backfire on me or something. :lol:
Then again, like orb said, I'd gain some good experience putting my own together...

You're probably fine putting it together, for the experience at the very least. I don't think there's much you can fuck up in there so long as you follow directions. Most I've heard about it is people stripping screws/springs. I honestly don't know how much you save by doing it that way money-wise though...

I bought my lower complete and when I buy my next one, I'll most likely do the same. Learning the ins and outs is cool and valuable, for me at least, Murphy's Law usually bites me in the ass, so I'm better having someone else knock it out. YMMV. :yesway:

rob_l

Reaction score
Hey guys, pics of all the new additions as requested. The MagPul rig for the Stag will be here the 7th and I just havent gotten around to installing the match-color grip for the Spike AR-22. Going to pick up an already accessorized to hell and back Colt AR this morning - Slap that pic up when I get home, as I pack up for the outdoor range. :hbang:

So, to recap - The whole family, minus the impending Colt.....

Beretta 1022 w/ scope on bi-pod and Mossberg .308 w/ scope...
2.jpg

4.jpg

Spikes Tactical AR on top, Stag Arms Model 2 beneath...
12.jpg

Stag
15.jpg

Spikes
16.jpg

Beretta Cx4 Storm .45 ACP and HiPoint Tactical carbine...
17.jpg

Berretta 870 ex tactical 12 gauge w pistol grip and laser/tac light/compensator - modified GSG beneath w reflex dot, tac light, swing out stock etc, FNH PS90 5.7x28....
14.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Handguns - Walther P22, Ruger SR9c, Springfield XD-9, Springfield 1911-A1 MIL SPEC, Glock G22 w tac light and laser...

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Nice collection Rob! :hbang:

Just out of curiosity, what are the AR laws like in Florida? Are you required to have a bullet-button? Are 30 round mags legal?

rob_l

Reaction score
Nice collection Rob! :hbang:

Just out of curiosity, what are the AR laws like in Florida? Are you required to have a bullet-button? Are 30 round mags legal?

Nope, no bullet buttons, laws here in Florida are actually quite lax! And it purveys awesomeness... lol

Yup, 30rd PM30 MagPuls were stock on the Stag and S&W AR I picked up today, which is a beautiful gun. I've even thrown the "ranger clips" on these guns and they are thin bungeed together on my tac-vest - So I can loop the mags together and and as I eject them they slide to my belt, not slam into the ground.

The FDE MagPul MOE kit will be in 2 days to retrofit the Stag with slightly different parts.... :D

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
I enjoyed this thread, especially the "debate" lol
These guns are f'ing awesome...I wish we could own guns in the UK, but at the same time, I'm glad we can't!
We need more pics though...

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoyed this thread, especially the "debate" lol
These guns are f'ing awesome...I wish we could own guns in the UK, but at the same time, I'm glad we can't!
We need more pics though...

I'm kind of in the same boat. Like I said before, I would like to own them, but it's so much of a pain in the ass to get them here, and you really can't take it anywhere but the range, that it's really just not worth it. That's probably a good thing, given my level of faith in humanity :lol: I'd still own a bunch if I lived in the US though.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, no bullet buttons, laws here in Florida are actually quite lax! And it purveys awesomeness... lol

Yup, 30rd PM30 MagPuls were stock on the Stag and S&W AR I picked up today, which is a beautiful gun. I've even thrown the "ranger clips" on these guns and they are thin bungeed together on my tac-vest - So I can loop the mags together and and as I eject them they slide to my belt, not slam into the ground.

The FDE MagPul MOE kit will be in 2 days to retrofit the Stag with slightly different parts.... :D

Well you guys still left in Free America are lucky then! :metal:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit, Rob! That's awesome :lol:

Just a question, how does the P90 compare to the others? I've always been curious about them... Perhaps I should move to the states and acquire one :idea::lol:

Latest posts