Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I told my wife via text while she was at work, that "We need to have a serious talk when you get home tonight". When she got home and I told her that I had LP GAS really bad and that it wasn't subsiding, she said some stuff that forced me to quickly reevaluate what exactly justified an emergency text alert.

Anyway... No way that I can afford a Gibson at this time so been looking at Edwards and Epi's instead. The lemon burst, bourbon burst, and iced tea finishes are my faves. I doubt that I'll be able to do anything unless I can get some other gear sold first but a guy can dream. Oh well... As I said to my wife just moments before I thought I saw her roll her eyes... "We'll just have to get through this together".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Get an edwards! Theyre fantastic guitars. I grew up with an Epi LPC and genuinely loved that thing, too, but edwards are something else!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Get an edwards! Theyre fantastic guitars. I grew up with an Epi LPC and genuinely loved that thing, too, but edwards are something else!

I need to have you speak to my wife because all of my selling points are falling flat right now. So... the ones that are showing up on reverb are mostly in Japan and that's gonna be a no-go. But the one above is here in the states. It's a 2009 but is priced above what I can even begin to afford for a guitar atm. One thing that I've noticed about most Edwards I've seen is that the frets/ boards looks super solid and well made/ well finished.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
The ESP E-II Horizon 7 is really doing it for me, probably my next purchase

04.ESP_EII_Horizon_FR-7_Electric_Guitar_7-String_with_Case_Black_Turquoise_Burst.jpg

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
This ticks a lot of boxes for me.

And I'm going to say this one more time for the people in the back. It's an ugly headstock on purpose. In the late 80s Fender started enforcing their trademarks and Suhr, Anderson, Schecter, the rest, and Tyler all scrambled to come up with a new headstock. Most of them came up with a "not Fender" headstock that followed basically the same lines but enough not to get sued.

Tyler had a different idea, to do something different. The same can be seen on the headstock he designed for Schecter in the late 80s before they went to their current strat headstock. He used the logo even when he had a Fender headstock because whole other companies were trying to make better Fenders, he wanted you to know it was a Tyler.

xzacx

Reaction score
This ticks a lot of boxes for me.

And I'm going to say this one more time for the people in the back. It's an ugly headstock on purpose. In the late 80s Fender started enforcing their trademarks and Suhr, Anderson, Schecter, the rest, and Tyler all scrambled to come up with a new headstock. Most of them came up with a "not Fender" headstock that followed basically the same lines but enough not to get sued.

Tyler had a different idea, to do something different. The same can be seen on the headstock he designed for Schecter in the late 80s before they went to their current strat headstock. He used the logo even when he had a Fender headstock because whole other companies were trying to make better Fenders, he wanted you to know it was a Tyler.

The Tyler headstock is one of the coolest in all of guitars to me, I don't get why people can't appreciate it. I think it's so cool how the graphics wrap around it too—who else does that? Looks so much cooler than the Suhrs of the world who just change it a little bit and it just looks like a bad version of a Fender rather than something original. It helps that it's attached to some of the nicest guitars with the best 6 string necks ever too.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why'd you get rid of it? Just curious, I know it's a foolish question in the gas thread.

I just didn't really bond with it, and there weren't many on Reverb at the time, so I let it go for about what I paid. It reminded me a lot of my old SLAT3-7, a great guitar that I just never went to grab off the rack.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In my experience, old Schecters were heavy.
I'm use to Ibanez guitars and headless guitars so this was kind of a shock to me. It was like picking up a Les Paul. If weight isn't an issue with anyone else, it is a striking instrument and is a super good price for what you get. It looks a lot more expensive than a $899 guitar.