Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
63333_Tom_Anderson_Angel_7_Satin_Natural_Amber_with_Binding_10_30_23P_2_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg

🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
none of the Angel 7s made so far have done it for me (really odd fades, stained ash bodies, bland solid/metallic finishes)

but wow that's just clean....

Moongrum

Reaction score
I had put in an order for 7 string with Kiesel, but then changed my mind a month or so later thinking, "naaahh....I really want something with a scale longer than 25.5" So I ate the 15% cancellation fee or whatever it is and put in an order for an 8 string to get the 27" scale. Still waiting on the 8 string, and am pumped for it, but I saw that the seven string I specc'd out is on their in stock page now

Capture.PNG

Pretty basic over-done br00tz all black thing, but now I'm like, damn, I want that too lol. For all my playing life, I've always had one in one out guitar policy. But now I'm rationalizing how having one 6 string, one 7 string, and one 8 string is perfectly acceptable. I live a pretty minimal lifestyle, though, and feel like this would put me on a slippery slope 😅....but headless guitars really don't take up that much room.....

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I had put in an order for 7 string with Kiesel, but then changed my mind a month or so later thinking, "naaahh....I really want something with a scale longer than 25.5" So I ate the 15% cancellation fee or whatever it is and put in an order for an 8 string to get the 27" scale. Still waiting on the 8 string, and am pumped for it, but I saw that the seven string I specc'd out is on their in stock page now

View attachment 133931

Pretty basic over-done br00tz all black thing, but now I'm like, damn, I want that too lol. For all my playing life, I've always had one in one out guitar policy. But now I'm rationalizing how having one 6 string, one 7 string, and one 8 string is perfectly acceptable. I live a pretty minimal lifestyle, though, and feel like this would put me on a slippery slope 😅....but headless guitars really don't take up that much room.....
One 6-string, one 7-string and one 8-string is far more rational than only owning an 8-string and then replacing it when you decide you want to focus on 6-string or 7-string stuff further down the line.

The way I look at it is that it's perfectly acceptable to have as many guitars as you enjoy. If you have some hidden away in a case that you never even think about, let-alone play, then it probably makes sense to sell them. If you lack guitars that allow you to play everything that you want to (i.e. only have an 8-string), but can afford to own more than one, that's not particularly rational imo.

I have multiple 6-string guitars that I keep in different tunings, so that I can simply grab one in the required tuning and enjoy playing without having to do a string change and set-up each time. I also have a 7-string that I wouldn't choose to use for 6-string material, as I find the bigger neck less ergonomic and for certain situations it's more awkward to play a the open low E with the extra low B string next to it.
All of my 6-string guitars are 25.5" scale, but if I felt the need for a longer scale for a particularly low tuning, I wouldn't want to have to use that longer scale for everything (because I'd replaced the 25.5" scale guitar with a 27" model, instead of owning both). It would be perfectly rational to own separate guitars for the separate uses.

Yes there is a risk of a "slippery slope" and plenty of us at SS.org have slipped a few times. However, if you've managed to limit yourself to one guitar for years, I'm sure you could show enough constraint to limit yourself to one 6-string, on 7-string & one 8-string. You should let them keep their heads though :p

Moongrum

Reaction score
All of my 6-string guitars are 25.5" scale, but if I felt the need for a longer scale for a particularly low tuning, I wouldn't want to have to use that longer scale for everything (because I'd replaced the 25.5" scale guitar with a 27" model, instead of owning both). It would be perfectly rational to own separate guitars for the separate uses.
And I think this is why I never hold onto a guitar, because I go through wanting a guitar to fit a paticular style/sound which no one guitar can do.
You make a lot of sense, Neon_Knight_ ....
I reckon now that I'm in my 30s and have a career, I can stop pretending I'm a poor student anymore and enjoy the things I can afford.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
And I think this is why I never hold onto a guitar, because I go through wanting a guitar to fit a paticular style/sound which no one guitar can do.
You make a lot of sense, Neon_Knight_ ....
Would it also make a lot of sense if I said I need more than one guitar in E standard, so I can have different pickups for different styles? I'm getting closer to that slippery slope with that "need". :lol:

I reckon now that I'm in my 30s and have a career, I can stop pretending I'm a poor student anymore and enjoy the things I can afford.
One thing putting me at risk of falling down a slippery slope is that I bought my first few guitars within financial constraints that I no longer have.
I bought my first guitar (a Cort strat) with money that I got for my 18th birthday. It was brand new, but had 50% in a clearance sale. With hindsight, I should have gone for a used Ibanez instead, as the specs and ergonomics are pretty far from my preferences. I justify keeping it on the basis that it's better suited to certain styles (due to the single-coil pickups + rounder fretboard for clean chords), but the reality is that its sentimental value outweighs what I could sell it for.
Next, I got a used Indonesian Ibanez (Xiphos), when I was in my early 20s, after graduating. I still play it, but every guitar I've bought since has been an MIJ Ibanez, and these all feel superior.
My first two Ibanez Prestige acquisitions were the cheapest used Prestiges that I could find that were in good condition. Both great guitars that still get played a lot, but had I been earning my current salary back then, I probably would have been far more specific about which models / finished I got (rather than having three different "Galaxy Black" RGs for instance).
Now I find myself tempted by guitars that I prefer to some of mine for purely aesthetic reasons, and that I previously overlooked because I couldn't afford them (or couldn't justify affording them) at the time. I've posted some examples of these here in the "What is your 'white whale' guitar" thread, but I could just as easily have posted these in this GAS thread.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Been working this travel job the past few months, and its got me almost needing a travel guitar. Ive been eyeballing the Traveler brand guitars, which are only 28" in total length. But I got to thinking, for a few more dollars, I could find myself a decent headless.

Idk anything about headless stuff. Would really like a 25.5" parallel fret 7 headless. Anyone know of one that could be found for $800 or less?

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been working this travel job the past few months, and its got me almost needing a travel guitar. Ive been eyeballing the Traveler brand guitars, which are only 28" in total length. But I got to thinking, for a few more dollars, I could find myself a decent headless.

Idk anything about headless stuff. Would really like a 25.5" parallel fret 7 headless. Anyone know of one that could be found for $800 or less?
You can find a GOC headless for under $800. I recently bought their 7 string for 600 bucks at Guitar Center.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that a Floyd bridge? I don’t know that I’ve seen that bridge before. Looks like a mix between a gotoh and a Floyd

Yes though -that guitar is beautiful.

It's a non-fine tuner Floyd, Anderson puts them on tons of stuff. Personally I'm not a fan, if I'm doing a Floyd I want it double locking with fine tuners.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I figured it out. Ill have to stretch the budget again :lol:

"Ill sell something"

xqrowqgmgt9k61mn6otf.jpg

Gonna take a long drive to Sweetwater and try a small stack of them until I find the best one. Anyone played one?

xzacx

Reaction score
It's a non-fine tuner Floyd, Anderson puts them on tons of stuff. Personally I'm not a fan, if I'm doing a Floyd I want it double locking with fine tuners.
I very much agree. I guess it's no worse than any other vintage style trem, but I don't really see the point of these. The magic is always in the locking nut, not the bridge.

Latest posts