Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Have I gone full Ricky, I can't put my finger on why this looks so different from the one on the PRS website; obviously EMGs, but it's the board dyed too? Doesn't seem like it'd be that much to make the whole thing seem darker.
If you mean the SE CE, that one is just stained. This one has a proper black finish coat but still goes for the open pore effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
DSC02926.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the frets on guitars like this actually useable? On my Ormsby I can fret the 29th, but even doing a little too much vibrato causes it to die out.

I've owned a couple of 36 fret GKGs, and the frets being really tight doesn't really hinder playing them, all your doing is pressing down where you want the string to stop, if that means you hold down a fret or two behind the one you want also means nothing.

In practice it was sort of like playing fretless, as in your precision and ear are important as if you're a little off so is the note.

Setup is important too, if your action and neck geometry aren't just right, like you say, you'll fret out pretty quickly as your range isn't as large when you might hit a higher fret.