Post Your Physical Media! (Vinyl, Tape, CDs, etc)

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Back in 2018, I was without a personal vehicle for about a year, so I drove my stepdaughter's old Hyundai while she was away at college. AM/FM radio and tape deck. So this was my traveling audio library for the year. Didn't bother getting a car kit for my phone. I also have Opeth "Still Life" and Amon Amarth "The Avenger" but they're MIA at the moment. I definitely had Powerslave and Somewhere In Time too now that I think of it.

20240308_201830.jpg

Last edited:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
GGRRSuSa4AAdtb4.jpg

Snagged the white/gold splatter variant. Barely pressed "complete checkout" and then immediately sold out after. This album rules, and having a physical copy makes me happy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Man, I always thought metal bands slowed down with age. I need to stop using Metallica as my baseline.judas.jpg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
As promised....

Not my entire collection, but some highlights. Most of these were gifts. Fairly rare Cavity reissue in tip top condition. Top center copy of SWD is the 2020 remaster, which at the time it was purchased for me was no longer available basically anywhere. They've since re-pressed it, but I guess I have bragging rights on the original. Top right is SWD live from Roadburn, a recording I've had some very special times with very special friends to. One of those friends bought this live album for me when I was griping about not being able to find the remaster anywhere, then the other friend found the remaster in a record store and sent it to me a year later for my birthday. They're a special pair (the LPs and the dudes). It's good to have friends.

Panopticon reissue was purchased for me by the same friend who surprised me with the SWD live recording. Unbeknownst to either of us, it (along with Oceanic) was destined to sell out within minutes and there were no copies left by the time he'd finished paying for this one. Deathconsciousness is the 2021(ish?) reissue, which didn't sell out as quickly as I'd expected but nonetheless I jumped on it without hesitation.

F#A#Infinity on CD (also a gift, given to me with the disclaimer "I didn't like this but I think you might," boy was he ever right...) was my first exposure to GY!BE back in high school, so it was a very special day when my friend who owned a record shop came over to the bar I was working at with this in his hands. Someone had just sold it to him and he brought it straight to me, knowing how stoked I'd be. It's good to have friends.

434713198_2319983105059978_5469964235755561678_n.jpg

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Can't leave the jam un-pumped up, now, can we?
That's what she said. :D

I'm actually starting a new CD collection of 90es classics because all you get online are the ******* remasters. Got me the black album and the Marty era Megadeth original releases. The Metallica CD still had a Deutschmark price tag.

zappatton2

Reaction score
That's what she said. :D

I'm actually starting a new CD collection of 90es classics because all you get online are the ******* remasters. Got me the black album and the Marty era Megadeth original releases. The Metallica CD still had a Deutschmark price tag.
Thankfully, used CDs are a steal these days. Hell, even new releases sometimes have a lower sticker price than CDs in the 90's, not even accounting for inflation.

It's funny, 'cuz I started buying records on a lark in the 90's because people were selling them for next to nothing, or literally giving away boxes of them, and now they're like $50 an album, so I find myself being pushed back into the CD market big time.

zappatton2

Reaction score
My shitty high school grunge band covered L7. They always have a special place in my heart.
Yeah, when that particular album came out, I lent it to a friend who was getting most of her "edgy" musical inspiration from Alanis, this L7 album turned her full Daria. I was proud to have a hand in that.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was going to mention my LPs (200-300), but it depresses me to think about them because there’s a weird problem with the suspension on my turntable, and I’m getting sick of my cartridge. I really need to get another decent moving-coil cartridge and start listening to vinyl again.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
If I started posting all of the CDs and vinyls I have there'd be like two pages of posts by just me lol. Here are my most recent two.

20240415_183321.jpg

20240415_183314.jpg