Power conditioner Q

• Thread starter neoclassical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vstro

Reaction score
I've had both Furman and Monster power conditioners and i like them both. They all do the same thing pretty much, the only real difference is things like the lights and displays.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I've been looking at these too as I've ordered a Tube amp and I want to make sure it doesnt get damaged/ minimise outside interference. Ive read other threads and a lot of guys mention Undercurrents damaging gear.

Is a unit like this good for the job?

FURMAN PL-PLUS CE - U.K. International Cyberstore

or should I be going a bit more high end?

FURMAN PL-PRO CE - U.K. International Cyberstore

The amp cost me a fair bit, so i'm not willing to the risk

P.S. my whole rehearsal room is rigged with Surge protectors but I would like the extra safeguard.

but are there benefits spending the extra £200 on the second unit?

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
but are there benefits spending the extra £200 on the second unit?

if you dont have computerstuff added toy our rig which needs to be powered via USB, you dont need to spend the extra cash.

in my opinion: the cheaper Furmans ("M"-series and PL8) are WAY overpriced, there are units which do basically the same thing for much less. also there are many power-outlet-strips with a built in fuse available for muchmuchmuch less, and nothing more do the cheap furmans.

the pricier ones are a different story of course.

kazE

Reaction score
I got a brand new Furman M8DX for $80 and it's fantastic. I can't really see a need for much more.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
I have an older model Furman PL-8, got it on ebay for a great deal. Works great, looks cool, nice lights.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
:yesway:I've been a Furman user for almost 6 years. I've been running the Power Factor Pro R unit for those 6 years and earlier this year, added a AR-15 II Voltage Regulator as well. The PFP is a great Power Conditioner! It has this Clean Tone circuit that really reduces the amount of noise coming through the power lines, and it also reserves current (upto 45 amps) so that your rig is getting a consistant 15 amps (which does make a difference in the way your amp performes when being pushed hard). It is a bit pricier but both my bass player and I could not be happier with these units.