Pretending to be a Luthier.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
More pics!!!

Just give me till around the 19th or after, and I'll try and post the final stages. ATM I'm completely busy with finals, final papers, getting drunk because it's the last weekend before finals, finishing my second build (which up to now I feel is coming out quite better than this one) and random crap.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I documented it all, I just need to find some time.

eddiewarlock

Reaction score
God, Scherzo! I read the whole thread... loved how carefully you have planned and built this guitar.

Still thinking if i can find that extruded aluminum here in Venezuela, but i am already starting to thing it´ll cost me my left nut and part of the right nut... fuck...

( yes, stuff here are more expensive than in Europe, even parts of Scandinavia...except booze)

kiakahaQ

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm new, pls forgive any ignorance on my part along the way.

My first big spend on a guitar at age 18, The Ibanez RG7620.
I hate the Floyd Rose Tremolo, hate it. Im neither good enough to use it, and patient enough to adjust the spring tension every time i wanna alternate tuningN

So the time has come, I have ordered a fixed bridge (les paul style 7-string), and have Concept designs in my head for a new body. I love the BC Rich guitars so have decided to take influence from them, keep a bit of the traditional ibanez shape. A new neck build is far beyond me so i will not even attempt it.

Im a big time novice when it somes to this. So im gonna practice making bodies out of pine, and make sure i can get the routing right. Pictures will follow. Any suggestions?:shred:

Attachments

• 7 string concept.JPG
    7 string concept.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^Well, suggestion number one would be to just go right ahead and open your own thread, I guess. Suggestion two is to get started, plain and simple. If you have the patience and a good sense of what your tools are capable of then you'll make stellar progress rather quickly.
The design is nice. I'm not that in love with BC Rich shapes, but as far as I'm concerned yours isn't bad. Perhaps put some bevels on it (and move the lower control knob in a bit- the cavity in the back would have to be routed almost through the side wall if you want to place a knob there)

@Scherzo: Very very good work. I particularly like the top and the way all the wood is combined. Almost looks like old French polish furniture.

TankJon666

Reaction score
This thread is awesome! A wealth of hints, tips and general all round greatness!

Many of which I shall be stealing! :D

Latest posts