Prices of death metal logos/album covers etc

• Thread starter Augury
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
As the title says. What are regular prices for logos, covers, shirt designs etc? Or: what have you paid? For professional or amateur work? etc, just stuff like that.

Thanks for any answers!
Cheers

Please move it if this is the false forum ;_;

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
Christophe Szpajdel is reasonably priced and does great work. he drew the logo in your avatar!

I paid £30 for my band's logo two years ago

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The prices for album covers and booklets always depend on the size and complexity of the work, the larger and more detailed the more you have to be willing to pay. Generally every artist has their own pricing structure and rates. Be prepared to spend at least a couple hundred dollars on cover artwork and more if you want full artwork including a booklet and layout etc. T-Shirt designs are similar but are generally cheaper to commission.

If you have a specific deadline that needs to be met you need to mention that to the artist up front so they can judge whether or not they can do the job well and still within your time frame, generally when you have almost enough songs written for an album is the best time to contact someone, when in doubt contact them early. Also some artists like to have examples of your music/lyrics to give them an idea of what will suit your band artistically so it is good to have some rough demo tracks on hand.

I didn't really answer directly but hope that helps. :yesway:

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I know it really depends on everything, but I had to know if I need 10 bucks or 300 bucks, u know :p
Someone got more answers?

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Be prepared to spend at least a couple hundred dollars on cover artwork and more if you want full artwork including a booklet and layout etc. T-Shirt designs are similar but are generally cheaper to commission.

Did you read what I wrote or did you just skim it when you didn't see an actual dollar amount? :scratch:

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
The guy who did our shirt design charged $70 and its real nice looking. I know a guy who does legit-looking logos for $20

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Most logo artists I've spoken to charge 50-100 bucks for a logo. The graphic artists I've contacted all charged approx. 40-60 USD per hour. Depending on the complexity of your request, it can take anywhere from 2 to 20 hours, so do some thinking, contact some artists.

I'd say 2-300 would be a decent price to have in mind.