Problem with recording midi drums

sladeburn

Reaction score
So I have a Roland TD-11 electric kit, and a midi to USB cable. I'm also running reaper on a PC with an i7 and 16gb of RAM, so no issues there. My problem is that when monitoring and recording using Addictive Drums 1, it's like it's only able to accept 2 notes at once, so if I hit 3 pads, it'll trigger the first 2 I hit fine, then the third one will be slightly delayed after. There aren't any latency issued when I hit 1 or 2 pads, either. Help would be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've recently had a bunch of problems with recording MIDI, both from electric drums (Alesis DM5), and from a keyboard (MAudio Keystation), and turned out to be a problem with using more than one device on USB3 at the same time. Drums always seemed out of time, and the keyboard would crackle out and die within about a minute or so of playing. Solution for me was to disable all the USB3 functionality, so all the ports would revert to USB2. All my midi problems automagically went away after that. If you're using USB3, I'd give that a shot.