Problem with Rhythm guitars

• Thread starter MSalonen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSalonen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having a problem with having my rhythm guitars sounding really buried in the mix, and I'm not sure what the problem is, since it's not like I turn them way down compared to everything else, and I only ever have 2 layered tracks (one left, one right, but sometimes also a center like in the following recording). I use Garageband and suspect it might be the Master Compression, but I'm not sure.

Can you guys listen to this and tell me what you think the problem might be? Or if it even sounds that way to you. Or if you've had that problem before and what you did to fix it.

Thanks! It's very much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exafro

Reaction score
Add in some more mids. They sound kinda fizzy and woofy on my end.

MSalonen

Reaction score
Are you panning the guitars at all?

Yeah, on that track I have one hard panned left, one panned hard right, and one center (for the rhythm guitars in question)

compression, EQ.

How exactly should I set the compressor? I have zero experience with these things. Same with the EQ.

Add in some more mids. They sound kinda fizzy and woofy on my end.

Interesting, I have the actual amp modules set to pretty high mids (since I hate super scooped tone), but maybe further EQing can help with that.