Problems when tremolo picking in the thinner strings

• Thread starter chopeth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chopeth

Reaction score
First, I'm not a beginner at this technique, I've done several covers from Emperor not so badly performed, in my opinion. I think the problem doesn't come from the gauge of the strings but from their location in respect to the right hand place, but I can't manage to figure out how to go from the 6th string to the first one not getting struck in the thinner ones.

Is it a matter of hand possition?. As an example, I'm trying to learn this song and where I have problems is at minute 00:27. My playing at that point becomes imprecise, dunno if a problem with pick angle or hand possition but it sounds sloppy and would like to know if someone identifies the problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

endmysuffering

I'm serious
Reaction score
Do it slowly first, its muscle memory.
I can also reccommend rock discipline from John Petrucci, it has a string skipping excerciese that may help.

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
Definitely do it slowly, and to a metronome to ensure that you are precise. Accuracy leads to speed, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Latest posts