Prog Metal Band-Long Island,New York

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Hey hows it going guys.

As the title says, looking to start a metal band that mixes thrash, jazz, groove and a of course, prog.

I'm in Hauppauge, Suffolk County

My Influences (bandwise):

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Porcupine Tree
The Devin Townsend Band/Project
Nevermore
Dream Theater (No one saw THAT coming!)
Cynic
In Flames-Pre reroute
Symphony X
Artillery
White Zombie
Children of Bodom

Age=21
I been playing guitar for four years and piano for most of my life. I used to teach piano as well

Guitar Influences:

Marty Friedman
John Petrucci
Jeff Loomis
Dave Mustaine
Jay Yuenger
Zakk Wylde
John 5
Ritchie Blackmore
Mike Amott
Michael Romeo
Marco Sfogli

Piano:Frédéric Chopin

I'm looking for mature, well read, intellegent but by no means straightlaced musicians. :evil:

For Guitarists-Someone to can shred tastefully and well as do melodic passages and of course keep in time Haha.

Bassists-Capable of being in the pocket as well as doing some standout fills and solos.

Drummers-Creative,energetic, can do smooth transitions from different time signature and be able to play fast to slow and vise versa with ease.

Gear-Does not need to be crazy highend stuff. As long it doesn't sound like:

1.)A Garbage can being hit with a branch
2.)Mud
3.)A freshfaced guido with a sprayon tan riding his "Tech'd Up" 2001 Honda Civic down 25a. Yeah, that as$hole.

then we're good!

People who can sing (at least some basic backing) is a huge plus.

Ages-I would love to get people who are 20+ because we can play a bars in the near future however if your good 18 or 19 is good. (17 is a bit of a streach but we'll see)

Well I hope to hear from some of ya.

Sebastian K. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Damn haha. Well I'll hope I'll find someone nearby, maybe even in the city.

I also can do some singing if for whatever reason a amazing singer becomes an issue to find.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
good luck finding venues btw owners are assholes and all they want are cover bands or shows that are pre set up and have guarenteed revenue.
Katies in Smithtown on main street near the station is a decent venue and nice people. and they have a ghost.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Yeah. I know a lot of venues are pretty shitty around here but I'll manage until I start hitting up the city.

And what do you mean ghost? haha

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
I guess no one wants to start a non-deathcore/gimickcore these days. Thats a damn shame.

Bump for anyone who cares! haha

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Think its more about location man!

I'm in the middle of nowhere NJ and I can't for the life of me find someone to jam with. Seems like everyone in jersey are 50 year old cover bands and blues / oldschool rock players.

GL on your search :wavey:

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Will do. Hell if you ever come up to long island, PM and well jam or whatever haha

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'm would be more of a rythm guitar player but I do love the heavy riffage and can preform some tasteful solo's but I can't shred. Also I have a creative drummer, but he is in NJ, if you have any interest pm me and we will see if we can make something happen.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
I am interested. Issue is that your in Yorktown and I'm smack in the middle of Long Island haha.

bandinaboy

SS.org Unsui
Reaction score
Hey wasup dude. im 19 i live in westhampton beach long island. I sound like this. soundclick.com/shannman
i play all the instruments, and i would like to hear you before i meet you, but i have a lot of interest in this.

Revan132

Reaction score
Hey man,
If the position is still available I am definitely interested to see what you've got for ideas. I play rhythm and lead. I have an Ibanez 2127Z prestige with BKP's in it, a peavey 6505+ head, and a marshal 1960AV cabinet, so I pretty much am geared out at this point. Let me know if you still need somebody!