Prog-Sludge Mix Test

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been working on a track over the last few months that I'm really stoked with the result, but I was hoping to have some others check it out to see if it translates well on a variety of environments. I'm trying to go for a huge but punchy low end and an overall darker vibe.

Hanging Frames - Demo

Guitars are a Fernandes Strat with a BKP Cobra in the bridge -> Neural Cali Suite -> OwnHammer Greenback IR's, blended with a clean and bright Tone King sim.

Bass is DI blended with the Neural Darkglass into some Ampeg IR's.

Drums programmed with Superior drummer 2.0.

Vocals recorded at my desk with an SM58. Vocal sample recorded through an iPhone mic.

Abundant use of Valhalla room verb and a metric fuckton of delays. :lol:

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
sounds like shit on my laptop speakers, in the best way. the bouquet has hints of Thou and Latitudes with some manic Ephel Duath vibes on the finish. nice job.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
sounds like shit on my laptop speakers, in the best way. the bouquet has hints of Thou and Latitudes with some manic Ephel Duath vibes on the finish. nice job.
:lol: Yes, the ever elusive purposeful grime. I spent so much time on this forum trying to mix ultra-clean stuff it's been a fun transition to making sim based gear attempt this style.

Thanks for checking it out!