Protools Ahoy!

• Thread starter Christopher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I'm like a kid on Christmas. Six weeks ago I ordered a Protools LE turnkey system from Carillon and it arrived on Wednesday. I got it all hooked up and started monkeying with it yesterday and I'm in awe.

I've been using a Fostex VF-16 standalone unit which thought was pretty cool, but this is just out of this world. I recorded a few clips of me just messing yesterday afternoon and I'm really looking forward to sitting down with this thing.

On Monday I get to go down and sign all the paperwork for my new house too! We should have all the formalities done and can move in on Tuesday or Wednesday. And the coolest thing was that when we went shopping for houses my wife & I actually turned down a few cool places until we could find one with a finished basement I could convert into a home studio.

This will be the first time for us as homeowners! I'm so excited that I don't even mind the moving part.

It will be awhile before I can do much to the studio itself but eventually I'd like to fully treat the room and make it nice. As an added bonus there's a walkin closet down there now that I'm hoping I can convert into either a vocal booth or an isolation room for my amp cab!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool deal dude! I wish I still owned my home.... I'm back in a two bedroom condo :noway: :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of going through a separation.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in a 2 bdrm apt. It is nice, But I can't get the tone I want recorded because I can't get my tubes past level 1! Plus the fact that I only own a four track. I can't wait to start recording again on our bands stuff. I'm not sure what program it is, but it has some good reviews. That is setup in his finished basement. I envy you all!