PRS in Drop-A?

• Thread starter thedownside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Karnivool is another band that uses PRS guitars in low tunings. this one is in B, but i'm pretty sure some of the songs are in drop-A too

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSilence

Reaction score
I did a little research last night and Chevelles latest album Vena Sera was recorded in Drop A with PRS guitars, apparently a custom baritone that they are working on for Pete, but he mentioned he plays live with a regular PRS in Drop A.

thedownside

Reaction score
I did a little research last night and Chevelles latest album Vena Sera was recorded in Drop A with PRS guitars, apparently a custom baritone that they are working on for Pete, but he mentioned he plays live with a regular PRS in Drop A.

yeah, i did some looking and i found that he's gone atleast as low as drop G on a standard PRS. so it should be able to do what i want with a bit of time spent perfecting the setup. i'm going to try out a few tonight and see what i find.

thedownside

Reaction score
problem solved.... new guitar coming monday? (fingers crossed). i will post a new thread when i get it's awesomeness in my hands :D