PRS Mike Mushok vs Ibanez RGIB6. What would you choose?

• Thread starter Zulphur
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zulphur

Reaction score
Finally i found them at a reasonable price over here. I can't test them before buying so that sucks, and that is why im making the thread. Both seems to get positive reviews but i would like to hear your experience about these guitars. Thanks :hbang:

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
I'm in the PRS camp here. I love Ibanez but the quality control of the iron labels has been slightly less consistent in comparison the the PRS mushoks. That said, it does have a slightly longer scale and EMG pickups. If those are selling points for you, then I would try it, but be prepared to get a setup for it. Also most people's mushoks that I have tried had at least an aftermarket bridge pickup since the stock ones are a bit dark for tuning lower. I hope the input is helpful!

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
The PRS feels like a way more expensive guitar than most of the other guitars you will hold in your hands. It's a fantastic piece of wood and will not be available in the very close future since they stop building it. I have 2 albums in which I exclusively use the PRS Baritone in 8 string tunings, that thing simply works... pickup change and you are set. Also the frets are freaking awesome.

Have a video to heat up your GAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zulphur

Reaction score
Thanks rockskate4x , sadly i can't play them before buying so is a kind of a risky move.
DeKay, your stuff with Caynug is awesome.Since last year it's on my playlist and it is staying there.

Vrollin

Reaction score
If you can, keep on the lookout for an old MMM1, awesome instruments and go for fairly cheap on the second hand market, one sold in the states the other week for $325. Have two of them myself and would love a third...
CFB158CD-7AC4-470D-BE9D-3A51A9B102C2.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Personally I think you're more likely to get a higher build quality from the PRS. I played a Mushok some time ago but I remember it having a really nice feel. Unless you really like Ibanez, or you are a big EMG fan and don't have the cash to put EMG's in the PRS then I'd probably go for the PRS.
Best of luck!

noob_pwn

Reaction score
A good friend of mine owns one of the RGIB6's and its not bad, it's not on par with what PRS has to offer though.

itll_be_ok

Reaction score
I'd go for the PRS. It's definitely the best baritone in this price range.
I have mine for about 2 months and i'm still impressed. There's nothing to complain about it except stock pickups.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Nthing the PRS love. My Mushok SE is way better than I was expecting, it's not quite US build quality (my CE22 is definitely better all around) but it's better than most of the other imports in that price range. It's also pretty light, 7.2lbs vs the CE22's 7.6lbs.