PRS (SE) 2024

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Was browsing Reverb and I saw this.

If it's real, I'm hyped. Always loved the Swamp Ash Special.

F7xI71GakAAICaZ.jpeg
111.jpeg

The PRS SE Swamp Ash Special is a unique offering in the growing PRS SE Series. With

a swamp ash body and 22-fret maple neck with maple fretboard, the SE Swamp Ash

Special is a fresh face and versatile voice.

The 85/15 “S” pickups flank a PRS-Designed AS-01 Single Coil “S” pickup in the middle

position. The AS-01 Single Coil features both alnico and steel (hence the name), which

adds mass to the pickups helping to create a powerful sound. Paired with a push-pull

tone control and 3-way pickup switch, this pickup/electronics package gives players

an array of sounds to enjoy, and the addition of PRS’s patented tremolo adds a touch

more versatility. The overall tone of the PRS SE Swamp Ash Special offers tight low-

end, bright but mellow high-end, and a welcome twangy tone that can reach “hot

country,” blues, and even jazz territory.

Also thought it would be a good idea to do a general new-for-2024 thread for PRS guitars starting with this.

EDIT: For those not familiar with the SAS and wondering how it gets away with being H-S-H with only a 3 way:

Swamp Ash Special (1996 - Mid 2003)​

- 2 PRS McCarty humbuckers with a Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails in middle position
- 3-Way toggle, master volume and tone pot with push-pull
- The push-pull pot, in the up position, activates middle pickup and renders the bass humbucker to a single coil

PUSH-PULL DOWN POSITIONS

• Position 1: Treble Humbucker
  • Position 2: Both Humbuckers
  • Position 3: Bass Humbucker
PUSH-PULL UP POSITIONS

• Position 1: Full treble humbucker and middle pickup
  • Position 2: Neck single coil, middle pickup and treble humbucker
  • Position 3: Neck coil and middle pickup

Last edited:

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
DaYum... always wanted a PRS samp ash special. I don't see it on their website yet.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
DaYum... always wanted a PRS samp ash special. I don't see it on their website yet.
This was probably accidentally posted WAY ahead of launch day lol. It's supposed to be a new guitar for next year according to the listing.
For all I know this is fake, but it looks a bit too legit to me lol.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Idk why but I has thar late 90's PRS look despite being brand new. I like it.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
They seem to have re-badged the SE Custom 24s with fretboard/headstock binding and quilt tops the SE Custom 24 Quilt and are putting out an SE CE24 as well, according to FB/PRS forums. Looks like CE24 and the Swamp Ash Special have the Silver Sky neck heel.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
If its not a veneer and if those inlays are legit, that's worth the price of admission alone.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They seem to have re-badged the SE Custom 24s with fretboard/headstock binding and quilt tops the SE Custom 24 Quilt and are putting out an SE CE24 as well, according to FB/PRS forums. Looks like CE24 and the Swamp Ash Special have the Silver Sky neck heel.
Oh shit an SE CE line would be killer.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score

Switching choices are
interesting

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I just realized the headstock on the CE is matte while the body is gloss. That's... so fucking weird lol.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I just realized the headstock on the CE is matte while the body is gloss. That's... so fucking weird lol.
I had a CE 24 in the early 2000’s with the old style locking tuners. The ones with those lever thingys before they changed them. The body was gloss black, bound and if I recall the headstock was matte black. I think. It was a long time ago

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I had a CE 24 in the early 2000’s with the old style locking tuners. The ones with those lever thingys before they changed them. The body was gloss black, bound and if I recall the headstock was matte black. I think. It was a long time ago
Huh you're right, idk why I thought they were always gloss.
Oh well, still probably gonna have to get that black cherry one. Linkin Park nostalgia triumphs over all.