PRS (SE) 2024

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I have been really eyeing the pink/purple quilt CU24 with the binding. I wish they would do the color and binding on the core floyd.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Sounds like you just want an S2 then. They're flat top with bevels
I looked at those several years back and I remember I didn't like the fatter neck as much. However, I might like it better now. I looked at S2s and the new CEs, but just ended up with 2 SE CU24s.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
I looked at those several years back and I remember I didn't like the fatter neck as much. However, I might like it better now. I looked at S2s and the new CEs, but just ended up with 2 SE CU24s.
Just FYI, the thinline model has the "pattern thin" neck, even though the rest are all "pattern vintage".

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven’t played a PRS before but I am real close to buying the green swamp ash. It looks so nice

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
So it arrived today. Not one fit and finish issue detected. Love the feel of the neck finish. Honestly it’s as nicely made as or more so than some USA made guitars costing 3x as much that I own. Does need a set up but other than that…IMG_0325.jpeg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So it arrived today. Not one fit and finish issue detected. Love the feel of the neck finish. Honestly it’s as nicely made as or more so than some USA made guitars costing 3x as much that I own. Does need a set up but other than that…View attachment 131796
I think one thing that would help the aesthetic is covered pickups. Looks kinda naked with open-coil pickups since I'm used to the OG SASes lol.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
I think one thing that would help the aesthetic is covered pickups. Looks kinda naked with open-coil pickups since I'm used to the OG SASes lol.
I will put black PU rings on it and locking tuners. Not sure how the pickups will be because it seems geared toward the blues/ classic rock crowd in the demos online, But I am very pleased with its quality

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I will put black PU rings on it and locking tuners. Not sure how the pickups will be because it seems geared toward the blues/ classic rock crowd in the demos online, But I am very pleased with its quality
The SE pickups have gotten really fucking good since the 2017 refresh. I had a '17 Tremonti and I never changed the pickups. Same with the DGT SE.

Shask

Reaction score
The SE pickups have gotten really fucking good since the 2017 refresh. I had a '17 Tremonti and I never changed the pickups. Same with the DGT SE.
I wasn't really a fan of them. I replaced them in both of the SEs I have. I just remember they were bassy and trebly. Like mushy and piercing at the same time.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan of them. I replaced them in both of the SEs I have. I just remember they were bassy and trebly. Like mushy and piercing at the same time.
The Pre-2017 SEs yeah that was the case for me, but all the post-2017 SEs I had were solid as hell.
But even if I don't like them, I got a slew of pickups to try lol. Especially a Duncan '78 on the way.

Shask

Reaction score
The Pre-2017 SEs yeah that was the case for me, but all the post-2017 SEs I had were solid as hell.
But even if I don't like them, I got a slew of pickups to try lol. Especially a Duncan '78 on the way.
Mine are from around then. They had the 85/15s, which is what they still use today.

I have a Custom/Jazz in one of them, and Fishman Moderns in the other. I have been thinking about changing the Custom to a JB though to mix it up some.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ooo let me know how the '78 is. Been thinking about trying one.

These SE deals are so tempting. I don't need any new guitars, but a McCarty Singlecut is looking mighty tempting...