PRS (SE) 2024

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
Just installed a set of DiMarzio Illuminator pickups in my Custom 24 Quilt and it sounds phenominal.

I loved everything about this guitar out of the box except the tone, and now it's perfect!

I'm definitely going to get a 594 in 2024.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So uhhh the 20% sale is well over a week done, but a lot of guitars are still listed at the sale price. Maybe they extended the sale, or is this now a permanent price drop? I hope it's the latter, daddy wants another CE24 :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hoping the DW CE-24 Hardtail was a test for a hardtail/stoptail Core Custom 24 model at some point in the near future...
I hate being this guy , but is the DW model still going to be in production after the allegations came out ?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
To try to kinda keep it on topic, I'm sure they're gonna continue building the current guitars but I'm wondering if they'll be hesitant to do an eventual SE model.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The bird inlays on my store's SE Silver Sky's are so bad, a few look like fish, not gonna lie. The silver sky SE neck heel felt worse than a Fender, which I don't know how that's possible. They both have this weird squared off scarf joint that looks pretty bad in my opinion, though not sure if all are like that. I'm not against scarf joints in any way, it just doesn't look good squared off. Baseball bat neck too, not my thing. I was pretty underwhelmed, but didn't go in thinking I was gonna be overwhelmed so I guess I'm just whelmed.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve had a tele itch lately so I decided to look up the PRS NF53 and they’re going for 3900$ CAD which is above my budget . I think the Swamp Ash SE models here are below 1200$ CAD . Crazy deal for what you get . The finishes look just as nice as the NF53 .

Edit : just checked , Swamp Ash SE’s are 920$ CAD , so like 750$ USD roughly ? PRS will sell boatloads of these

sell2792

Reaction score
To try to kinda keep it on topic, I'm sure they're gonna continue building the current guitars but I'm wondering if they'll be hesitant to do an eventual SE model.

Why would they? It seems like he was cleared of everything. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Also, it would be beyond sick if they made a seven string DW.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Why would they? It seems like he was cleared of everything. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Also, it would be beyond sick if they made a seven string DW.
PRS is a guitar company not a court of law lol, they can do whatever they want. If they think its fine, they'll do it. If they're turned off by the whole situation, they won't.

TheDandy

Reaction score
I wish PRS made more 25.5" models besides the Silver Sky/Holcomb, like, young people would buy more SEs if they weren't the dumbest fucking scales possible (24.5/25")
Purely my opinion: people are dumb nerds about scale length and it doesn't matter as much as a lot of people say. Not to say that it doesn't matter at all, but I grabbed a 594 a couple months ago and happily use the same 11-56 strings I used on my JP in C# standard.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the scale is the turn off, it's the lack of flashy specs. It's all generic parts and cheap OEM pickups.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Purely my opinion: people are dumb nerds about scale length and it doesn't matter as much as a lot of people say. Not to say that it doesn't matter at all, but I grabbed a 594 a couple months ago and happily use the same 11-56 strings I used on my JP in C# standard.

It's less about tension than it is the actual muscle memory for me; I used to shit on Mike (Aeolian) for complaining about jumping back and forth between 24.75" and 25.5", like, "Dude, it's 3/4" of an inch how big a deal can it be?" but then when I got my baritone (26.5") and went back to a 25.5" I found myself playing in the wrong spots. So when all PRS models are 24.5" and all my other guitars are 25.5", I know the exact same issue would be happening.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Anyway, I spoke too soon about the price drop being permanent, all the SE's are back to their normal price. :lol:

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, uh, I searched and didn’t find a thread… But what DW accusations are we talkin’ about?

rokket2005

Reaction score
So, uh, I searched and didn’t find a thread… But what DW accusations are we talkin’ about?
Dustie had consensual sex with some woman who may or may not have been his realtor several times, then she tried to press charges or something and nothing ever happened because she was lying. Not nearly the scandal the whole mrak/yvette thing was.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ah ok…way to go, Dusty! Yeah, the Mark H. thing was a bit of a mess…thanks for filling me in :yesway:

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the scale is the turn off, it's the lack of flashy specs. It's all generic parts and cheap OEM pickups
Oddly enough , the smaller the scale the better for me . I notice it more than anything else upon first picking up a guitar . I’m at drop C at 24.75” with 11-48’s but if I had a 24” I’d still probably go that low with maybe 50’s . I think that’s one of the appealing aspects of a lot of PRS guitars

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's less about tension than it is the actual muscle memory for me; I used to shit on Mike (Aeolian) for complaining about jumping back and forth between 24.75" and 25.5", like, "Dude, it's 3/4" of an inch how big a deal can it be?" but then when I got my baritone (26.5") and went back to a 25.5" I found myself playing in the wrong spots. So when all PRS models are 24.5" and all my other guitars are 25.5", I know the exact same issue would be happening.
I guess it's personal feel, most PRS guitars are 25" scale disregarding signatures. My main guitars are PRS (26.5" 7-Holcomb, 25" SE CU 24) so I'm switching between 1.5" typically and it doesn't bother me really unless I'm trying legato runs at the 1-4 frets on the 26.5" scale and the extra stretch becomes noticeable.
The 7th string is definitely more a "where am I?" factor on the fretboard than the scale is for me.