PRS SE 277 and 277 Semi-Hollow Baritones

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score

Built with a longer 27.7” scale length, the SE 277 Baritone is perfect for heavier, more aggressive guitar playing. But this is no one trick pony. The 277’s Tone Furnace pickups deliver articulate growl, allowing the 277 to handle blues and funk with flair as well. Additional appointments include a string-through bridge design for strong, resonant tone. So whether you’re interested in rocking a clean tone, picking bass lines beneath higher melodies on one guitar, or chugging out the heaviest drop-tuned riffs, the SE 277 offers versatility in a reliable package for players looking to push the envelope. Ships tuned B to B.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So it WAS true. Holy ....ing ...., this makes me so ....ing happy! :scream:

EDIT: There's a couple of things that bum me out, though. The fact the 277 Semihollow only comes with P90s (the Breaking Benjamin fanboy in me would have went ....ing ballistic if it had humbuckers), and the solidbody only comes in red and sunburst. :( I would have liked the trans black on the solidbody.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I love my Custom 24 SE but it might be sold for the semi hollow. Dam you PRS.
If this had the vintage tremolo I would cum

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Glad you guys are digging the 277s!!! They both sound incredible. I'm in the beginning and end of the solid body 277 video just riffing around. Both 277s are probably my favorite guitar at the moment of the SE line. :hbang::hbang::yesway:

=HeHasTheJazzHands;4473878]So it WAS true. Holy ....ing ...., this makes me so ....ing happy! :scream:

EDIT: There's a couple of things that bum me out, though. The fact the 277 Semihollow only comes with P90s (the Breaking Benjamin fanboy in me would have went ....ing ballistic if it had humbuckers), and the solidbody only comes in red and sunburst. :( I would have liked the trans black on the solidbody.
You can always put EMG soapbars in it if you don't want the P90 sound.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's a good point. And Lace has some mini humbucker Drop N' Gains.

Are these going to be the same price as the Mushok, or more expensive?

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
That's a good point. And Lace has some mini humbucker Drop N' Gains.

Are these going to be the same price as the Mushok, or more expensive?

I don't know the answer to that unfortunately. A local dealer should be able to answer that once they have some I believe. :yesway:

A-Branger

Reaction score
nice guitar, just wish PRS SE would stop making all the rings and pups in cream color and start doing them in white like a normal PRS. That would look sooo much better. Awesome guitar

itll_be_ok

Reaction score
It looks like SE 277 has almost the same specs as Mushok signature. Seems that the only differences are birds inlays, rosewood fretboard and slightly arched top. Which is cool for me because i couldn't stand the flat top on my SE Mushok.
I think that sunburst one looks nice.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
It looks like SE 277 has almost the same specs as Mushok signature. Seems that the only differences are birds inlays, rosewood fretboard and slightly arched top. Which is cool for me because i couldn't stand the flat top on my SE Mushok.

The pickups are also completely different and have a coil tap function with the tone knob and a 3 way toggle. Also the body is a mahogany back with figured flame maple veneer over a thick maple cap top unlike Mushok which was all mahogany. Add those to the different fretboard, inlays, beveled top, no neck binding, and different color options, it's really only the bridge, neck wood, and scale length that are the same.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Pretty sure the core PRS guitars are cream as well, just not as extreme as the SEs.

maybe the old models, the new ones they seem to be white.

either way I still think white looks best and cleaner. The whole cream pups/rings/body-neck-headstock binding on the SE 30th anyversary was what trow me off on the big GAS I had for those, specially on the black-blue color one.

for this one as its only on the pups area I guess it can be easily swaped.

either way I thik its pretty awesome they are expanding the SE line more and more. Looking forward to the next NAMM

SJM925

Reaction score
When do these go up for preorder and about how much? $700? $600? I know it was said retailers will decide, but ballpark?

Seriously, I want both of them. I'm like a little dog excited to go for a walk here!

domsch1988

Reaction score
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Custom 24 and start building the Baritone myself. Guess i'll be holding on a bit. This seems to be exactly what i want in every aspect. Lets wait for prices in Germany and some hands on time but there needs to be something seriously wrong with it to stop me buying one...

itll_be_ok

Reaction score

The pickups are also completely different and have a coil tap function with the tone knob and a 3 way toggle. Also the body is a mahogany back with figured flame maple veneer over a thick maple cap top unlike Mushok which was all mahogany. Add those to the different fretboard, inlays, beveled top, no neck binding, and different color options, it's really only the bridge, neck wood, and scale length that are the same.

Cool. I didn't notice all these things at first.
I will DEFINITELY buy one

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
So is the semi hollow a maple top as well? Or a veneer over mahogany?
I want to put a set of Stockholm or Pig 90's in one of these like I want to breathe.